Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, no pic. but it's the hose between the valve cover(next to the filler cap) and the block. i would assume it be for pcv, but if you have the two on the top of the valve covers, why not plug this one up?

please do not ask why to plug it up, just answer if there is any problem in doing so. i have a catch can hooked up *properly* so the other side is connected right next to the air filter.

the only other purpose of this hose i can see is it allows oil to overflow down into the block when you go too fast in filling the engine with oil???

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
you dont plug it up because it is the main route for crankcase gases.

you shouldnt be looking to block off things if you dont know what they are for and how they work in the first place.

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
you have to use a catch can for that hose because it vents the crankcase but if you overfill oil then oil can travel in it to se it needs a catch can you cant just block it off

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lagged said:
you shouldnt be looking to block off things if you dont know what they are for and how they work in the first place.
that's why i was asking, so i could understand how it works.

wtf is wrong with everyone, i ask a simple question, what does this do, cause i do not have room for it, and you guys bash me. though you did answer my question, you followed up with a smart ass remark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts