Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why did you unstick the thread about crank walk in the mkiv tech area?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
I was going through there and putting stuff in the FAQ section and saw those old threads that aren't really applicable any more... so I unstuck them.

There were way too many stickies in the MkIV forum -- it was getting out of control.

...and I haven't seen anyone with crankwalk problems in a billion years since the clutch bypass became a prerequisite for AEM tuning, etc.
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but its helpfull to others so they dont get crank walk and know where to look .

many people still dont know about the clutch bypass and email me about it .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
If that's the case then I think you should move those threads to the FAQ section.

I just don't think there's a clear explaination that is ready for posting to the FAQ. Ideally we'd have a thread that says something like "Given the crankwalk issues that occured (in thread1, 2, 3), members learned that the clutch bypass is the way to go to prevent this problem. Here's how you do it:..."
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quick said:
If that's the case then I think you should move those threads to the FAQ section.

I just don't think there's a clear explaination that is ready for posting to the FAQ. Ideally we'd have a thread that says something like "Given the crankwalk issues that occured (in thread1, 2, 3), members learned that the clutch bypass is the way to go to prevent this problem. Here's how you do it:..."
if there was a clear answer i would have something in the faq area and theres not that the point of teh thread...we are looking to see what things have happen to cause crank walk .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
The thing is that no one has experienced crank walk in a while... ? So... ?

If you want to re-sticky that's fine, but I don't think it should be a sticky. The cause was clear to me.
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick said:
The thing is that no one has experienced crank walk in a while... ? So... ?

If you want to re-sticky that's fine, but I don't think it should be a sticky. The cause was clear to me.
well we cant say no one has ..since there have been a few motors that have gone recently some dont know to what .
well the cause for crank was is still not clear to me ..after so many years why are so many supras crank walking now ?
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that why i suggest we only try and use valid email places and not places like hotmail and such

i have an idea for us ill have to pass it among the s-mods and admin to see what they think first.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
Why after so many years? Simple -- the AEM, constant restarts, and the lack of use of the clutch bypass.

The AEM comes out and everyone starts walking the crank. Seems like a pretty obvious correlation to me.
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quick said:
Why after so many years? Simple -- the AEM, constant restarts, and the lack of use of the clutch bypass.

The AEM comes out and everyone starts walking the crank. Seems like a pretty obvious correlation to me.
hum mine walked (no aem at the time)and so did 2 of my friends (both after the clutch bypass)

as well as a few others on there .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
In the case where the AEM is not the issue I have seen a strong correlation with pressure plates that were really strong.

What kind of clutch were/are you running?
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quick said:
In the case where the AEM is not the issue I have seen a strong correlation with pressure plates that were really strong.

What kind of clutch were/are you running?
at the time rps stage 3 i belive.

some people claim it was because of there Lightened Crank Pulley .

now im running act pp
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,169 Posts
It all comes down to modifications. I didn't read about any stock cars walking the crank. It was either the AEM, the PP strength, or something combined.

Very interesting though -- like I said if you want to re-sticky go ahead.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top