Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still using a quick spool valve? The threads I’ve been searching are pretty old now and wanted to get an idea oh how many are still using them. Any drawbacks? I have a sp f1 manifold so it would be a 30 minute drop in for me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No use to me now as I just realised that both my manifold and turbine exhaust housing is undivided

·
Registered
563 Posts
Anyone still using a quick spool valve? The threads I’ve been searching are pretty old now and wanted to get an idea oh how many are still using them. Any drawbacks? I have a sp f1 manifold so it would be a 30 minute drop in for me.
I know a lot of the SP guys are still using them. Larry doesnt come on the forums anymore but is still a big part of the community. They have made some crazy gains with spool valves.

Maybe try giving Larry at Sound Performance a call, he's always willing to answer questions and help.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry and his team are excellent and I do trust what they say. I’m just looking for feedback from members who current have a qsv and how it is day to day driving. Was it a pain to set and tune with it? Anyone notice elevated temps? Basically I know it works just looking If there are any cons.

·
iSPOOL
1,179 Posts
What turbo were you thinking of mating with the qsv?
I was about to go down to a new 6466 without it since I've seen how well it performs across the entire power.
Then I though about getting the 6766 or 6870 with a larger a/r and the qsv. Get the best of both worlds, quick response with a strong top end. Anything new would be a huge improvement over my old 67mm turbo lol.

But like you I wanted more feedback from people who have the setup. More along the lines of 3.0L, on pump, E85, and maybe a camshaft upgrade. I don't want to turn my Supra into a 1100rwhp lightning bolt, just something that can hold its against today's competition!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo is bw s366 on a qsv ready sound performance f1 manifold with dual recirculated wastegates. Stock block vvti head and gsc s1 cams.

im also dnot want a 1000+ hp car.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
Turbo is bw s366 on a qsv ready sound performance f1 manifold with dual recirculated wastegates. Stock block vvti head and gsc s1 cams.

Dude, that's a fantastic combination for a no-BS street car, and it'll sound beautiful too!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude, that's a fantastic combination for a no-BS street car, and it'll sound beautiful too!
thanks I love this set up. after my tuner was done he said this is the best combo he’s tuned. wanted to see if a qsv would optimize my set up

·
handy with the steel
390 Posts

This sounds like an absolutely awesome street car combo. Very similar to mine, except for the F1 manifold (which is an upgrade I'm considering). Surprised you can get away with the QSV and E85 on the stock bottom end, but man i bet the torque curve is THICC ... any dyno graphs?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you don't currently have the QSV. I kind of wonder how much room for improvement below 4k you have that could be rectified with a QSV. My understanding of stock bottom end setups with E85 was that people tend to purposely run a larger turbo to delay boost onset so that you don't bend rods at low rpm.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lot of good points. I do run nitto drag radials full time in oem 17s but I also don’t want to have any more traction issues or worse case rod issues. I think I’m going to take biologist and t6rocket suggestion and leave it alone.

·
Boost Junkie
12,455 Posts
I can't recommend the QSV on the stock bottom end. Too much low end torque for those rods to handle.....you can tune it out, but then what's the point? Build the bottom end and use billet main caps and then run the QSV. They work great with high compression and VVTI.

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have one installed & it does it's job real well. Actually my tuner didn't believe it to start with😁
/ Danny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts