Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the junkyard yesterday w/ my dad (he likes the supra so I went to my parents house and picked him up) found a 88 NA first supra i saw in a junkyard in a long time. I got a lot of misc bolts that I needed that were too much hassel to try to get from anyone else.. I also decided to grab the NA voltmeter. I have a pilar w/ the boost on it and it reads higher than stock ..so what do I have to do to swap the boost w/ the volt gauge? does it simply plug and play or do I have to run wiring?

thanks,
cassio

W

·
0 Posts
thats why im glad my car is an na-gte swap.. i already had that guage stock.. hehe...

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, im sure its not too hard, just wondering how to do it.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm can you girls get a room so I can get the ans i need

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the type 0 as well but havnt installed yet, id rather have the voltmeter in the gauge cluster and have that working

W

·
0 Posts
hehe... sorry cassio.... i was thinking... did you get all the wires from the guage?? just look at the car it came off of and see how it was wired up... or look in a haynes manual too... it might have some diagrams in there for ya

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no the way the voltmeter goes in is w/ two screws and they go on the grid, which gives them the funtions they need just like a motherboard, but the car wont be runing for a while due to engine out and turbo being upgraded.. and so on I just want to do it and have it done right the first time

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah they just need to see this thread lol. i did a search on voltmeter and found nada

·
you're my boy blue.
681 Posts
i put the voltmeter in the boost guage location, but i didnt try to make it a voltmeter because my tt has one, it acts kind of like a boost guage with a volt meter face and you can only boost to 12 volts, its kinda funny.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahaha
well I want to use it I know someone has had it done before, now show yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
There is a tech tip about this on SOGI and it has been discussed quite a few times although I'm not sure why it's not coming up with the search. I did it, but it's been so long that I don't remember exactly how I did it. I believe Keith did a writeup with pictures. Send a PM to Keithh (yes there are two H's there) and ask him. I"m sure he can direct you or tell you which wire you use. You only take one wire on the back of the cluster and move it. But you can't just use the face, you need the controller behind the face too.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
yeah... I did a search on SOGI fo the tip too for this thread and it didn't pop up for me either. I have some pics of the back of my guage cluster when I did this and the jumper I had to install... I'll find them for ya.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trent--> What controller is behind the face? When i took the voltmeter off all there were was 2 scews holding it in... thats all i saw? I may have to go back to the junkyard now and hope the rest of the cluster is still there.

51 cards--> Thanks for any help highly appreciated.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Here ya go... I had been meaning to make a little tech page on this for awhile... I had the pictures sitting here but I never put the page together...

http://www.autosoftsys.com/supra/voltmeter/

I did this one by following the wiring off my RHD JDM clip wiring and tracing the same wiring on my LHD cluster.... but I haven't fired the car back up again. If anyone has different info please let me know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts