Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i'm a newbie N/A guy. Just wondering what other N/A owners have run in 1/4 mile times and what mods they have. Thanx

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
let the bashing commence!

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Not another one... :repost: Press the little button that says "Search" It's been covered.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
IDK how fast NA's are, but my 91 Cressida took a NA supra hard once... aight peace

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
IDK how fast NA's are, but my 91 Cressida took a NA supra hard once... aight peace
Really? LOL! I didn't expect that to happen, the Cressida has 10 less hp, 5 less torque, computer setup for smooth shifts rather than performance, and a 3.91 differential rather than a 4.30. My 86.5 pulls much harder than my 91 Cressida ever did, and the Cressida was converted to manual, too.

T

·
0 Posts
With just an intake an maybe a crush bent 2.5" exhaust you should be seeing low 9's or high 8's in the quarter.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
Turbo Johnson said:
With just an intake an maybe a crush bent 2.5" exhaust you should be seeing low 9's or high 8's in the quarter.

ass:rolleyes:

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
the only problem the na has is the wieght of the supra, put the engine in a A86 corolla ans u will be running 13s in no time

T

·
0 Posts
waynis said:
I've heard you say much less considerate things, so try not to point the finger that should be elongated towards yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
hes just upset cuz his car is slow...

Supra johnny had a nice and fast NA ... but sold it for a turbo 2

Brystas was awesome... but he went turbo...

hmmmmmmm

Ang

PS there was one guy from AUS that built a real nice 7mge recently there was a post with pics. look it up

·
Registered
368 Posts
Let's keep this simple for the new guy. It's pretty well impossible to make anything amazing out of an NA supra. Even worse if it's an automatic. My recommendation: Switch to the 7mgte, or while your at it, the 1jzgte. There tons of info about swaps so just do a little searching if everyone hasn't been too much of an ass to you and scared you off. And by the way, welcome to the forums ISR87N/A! Later!

Deep_Blue

·
Ghetto Rigger Supreme
1,405 Posts
My n/a beat a 89 auto turbo supra a while back. Ran from a dig, bogged the launch... had 2 cars on him by 130km/h. This was with a pretty bad clutch too, I guess it was beat up or something... or maybe... auto just sucks :D. haha

Johnny

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Deep_Blue said:
Let's keep this simple for the new guy. It's pretty well impossible to make anything amazing out of an NA supra.
Deep_Blue
I'm pretty confident to say that my N/A back in the day woulda schooled your little turbo ;)

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
BrysonK said:
I'm pretty confident to say that my N/A back in the day woulda schooled your little turbo ;)

Cough,cough.......
Well for the most part, whenever there's turbo version of a car the turbo gets the aftermarket go-ahead. Given the weight & displacement of our cars not to mention the modest redline- boost is the way to go.
With lightweight Hondas at the drags running 10's (non streetlegal-sponsored cars), Classy comfortable GTs as ours need a turbo....... Can't figure out why the M3 does so much with so little displacment & so much weight....

·
Registered
270 Posts
The best n/a mod does not cost any money. All you have to do is drive it off a cliff. You will experience acceleration that not even a turbo can match. I also have an n/a so im not haten. You people who ask these questions need to realize that your n/a is slow and will always be slow unless you put a turbo engine in it. But then it wont be an n/a.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
just hook up 400shot of NAWZ!!! MWAHHAHAHAHA oh and get an intake so the air/fuel ratio is ok when you squeeze.. oh and a 6 inch exhaust as well... something that can launch cantalope ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts