Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the quickest ET has been through the MAF? I am debating taking my car to Beech Bend before I convert it to speed density. My car has a 3800 stall, built trans, and made 585whp through the MAF-unlocked with a pretty flat curve. I would guess this should be good for mid 10s once I master launching it.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I go 10.5s I don't see the point in converting to speed density. The car runs really well with the MAF and I can get around 25mpg on the highway too.

Thanks,

Steve

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
if i had to do it over again I would have left the car with the stock ecu and maf meter... once i went to the aem I wasent happy and I cant say I saw any performance gains since the car ran exactly the same at 25psi... I never really liked the way the car ran or drove after I went with the aem... could it have been the tuning? maybe,but i had it tuned by one of the suppossed bests...could it have been computer glitches? possibly...

I ran 10.50'[email protected] 126 I believe... on 17 inch radials.. it was always in that range at 25psi of boost with the stock ecu and my meth kit only..

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jay,

I am thinking the same thing. Damn the car runs great and I don't want to screw it up to run maybe .1 better and pick up 15hp, only at the expense of driveability. I just don't see the point. I am going to reroute the bov and recirculate it and see how it runs. If I can do a burn out (right now the car dies because I am venting the BOV to the atmosphere) I will take it to the track with the MAF and see how it does.

I'll be sure to post the results.

Steve

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Thanks Jay,

I am thinking the same thing. Damn the car runs great and I don't want to screw it up to run maybe .1 better and pick up 15hp, only at the expense of driveability. I just don't see the point. I am going to reroute the bov and recirculate it and see how it runs. If I can do a burn out (right now the car dies because I am venting the BOV to the atmosphere) I will take it to the track with the MAF and see how it does.

I'll be sure to post the results.

Steve
Steve,
Are you running an S-AFC right now? If so, you can eliminate that problem....

Jason

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jason,

Yes, I am. I have the SAFC2. Please explain how to eliminate it. That would be great.

Steve

·
Registered
404 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Jason,

Yes, I am. I have the SAFC2. Please explain how to eliminate it. That would be great.

Steve
I would also like to know. I have tried messing with the settings that are suppose to fix it but it caused the car to idle badly.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
i set mine up today i forget the setting but the A/F's at idle are steadily 14.4-14.8, ill write down all my settings n post em up a little later...n thats with NO VPC of course

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please let us know your settings. I tried to set it up and I couldn't get the car to idle properly.

Steve

·
Registered
814 Posts
i think my throttle is something like 1.0% the NE01- 1.5% NE02-2.3-2.5%, but remember i have NO VPC and dumping my BOVs and IACV to the atmosphere...for the most part the car idles fine with these new setting but every now n then itll lean out n take a poop, also my LO TH is at 10% and HI TH is at 50%

1 - 14 of 14 Posts