Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some insight. I have a pair of Garrett TO4B turbos. The compressor housing is .60 a/r 71mm compressor wheel and the turbine is a .68mm wheel with a 1.15 a/r
where could I expect to see spool and full boost on these two turbos? Can our 2.5L push these two?

Trev

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
dude just get an old 5.0 mustang and TT that bitch!! :D

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, one of these turbos would make a nice 450 HP streetable 7M project for someone :)

Trev

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Well to put in to prespective my 7m took till 4200ish to fully spool my t04b with a .84 housing. IMO dual t4's of any sort is too big for 1jz. The exhaust turbine is just too damn big. a T3/T4 would work great though.

The twin k26 setup I have are a little smaller then the ct26 but I think they are much more efficent and the compressor wheel is larger.

·
12,222 Posts
Well I don't know do you want the serial numbers or something? there are TONS of k26's that differ. The model numbers I have refrence a tractor of some sort

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
Your a/r is WAY too big. I think that one of those turbos would spool up about at about 4000 rpm with a 3.0 liter.

I've got some k26's that I might try and make into a twin turbo kit. If not, I just might sell them. They are from a porsche.

-joseph

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
perf0rmance said:
Your a/r is WAY too big. I think that one of those turbos would spool up about at about 4000 rpm with a 3.0 liter.

I've got some k26's that I might try and make into a twin turbo kit. If not, I just might sell them. They are from a porsche.

-joseph
Okay, the fromt side is a .60 a/r and the inlet is a 3". Could I just swap out the 1.15 a/r turbine housing for someting like a .58 or a .68 and then use these as a twin upgrade and be a better spool?

Trev

·
12,222 Posts
Trev..

The thing is the housing are misleading...
They increase spool but do not increase the serge point of the turbo.. or the point where you get thrown back hard...

a Ptrim turbo (pretty much any standard t04-t series turbo) usually hits that surge point at around 4000 on a 3L engine now imagin on a 2.5 say 4500..... Add two turbos and I think you'll be spooling at like 6000!

you'll prob see positive boost as low as 3500

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
a/r is just a ratio, comparing the actual size of the turbine (correct me if i'm wrong) to the radius of the housing. You'd want a ratio around .48 with a small turbo, like ones that come off of a skyline.

-joseph

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
perf0rmance said:
a/r is just a ratio, comparing the actual size of the turbine (correct me if i'm wrong) to the radius of the housing. You'd want a ratio around .48 with a small turbo, like ones that come off of a skyline.

-joseph
sorry but you're wrong a bit...

T04Bs are not small turbos... T3s or T25s are small turbos, you cant even get a .48 on a T4 housing unless its totally custom
the turbos that come off a skyline are T2-based... completely different frame than the T04Bs we are looking at here

my suggestion is to just run one with a .70 a/r exhaust housing and you'd be alright (what compressor wheel do they have btw?)

two of these turbos at 1.15 a/r would spool maybe somewheres around 6000rpms and have potential for 800-900whp or so (pretty bad spoolup times for that little bit of power compared to the newer singles out there these days)

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
Bean said:
sorry but you're wrong a bit...

T04Bs are not small turbos... T3s or T25s are small turbos, you cant even get a .48 on a T4 housing unless its totally custom
the turbos that come off a skyline are T2-based... completely different frame than the T04Bs we are looking at here

my suggestion is to just run one with a .70 a/r exhaust housing and you'd be alright (what compressor wheel do they have btw?)

two of these turbos at 1.15 a/r would spool maybe somewheres around 6000rpms and have potential for 800-900whp or so (pretty bad spoolup times for that little bit of power compared to the newer singles out there these days)
The funny thing is, when I said correct me if I'm wrong, but I meant, correct me IF I'M WRONG. I never said that the t04b was a small turbo. Before trying to get smart and flame someone, make sure you flame correctly.

What's even funnier is that you were trying to correct me with something completely different from what I was talking about.

-joseph

:eek:wned:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts