Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Did I miss it...what style manifold is this(HKS, GReddy, ...)? What exhaust piping is the easiest to hook it up with? I'm mounting a Precision 74mm .81 a/r

Thanks
Not sure what style, but Titan, boost logic, and will work from 3" to 4" piping.

Saw the car, manifold, and turbo in person this weekend. It looks good in there.
Thanks for the feedback.

By the Way He knows I work completely out of the car scene.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hey I am considering buying the na-t quicksilver manifold with a 44mm waste gate and qsv option would you recommend this manifold? How has it been holding up and can we please get pics of what this manifold looks like in the bay?

thanks

Jordan

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well I suppose I will update my build thread LOL. Finally got my computer, and went to the shop yesterday seeing it in amazement in place.

They still have to wire it up, and do a low tune as said 450whp aka 531 crank hp. When black friday comes along I will be buying a lot of parts. Will be shooting for 6xx Whp with E85 on a stock block. Sorry that it will take a while. Still....No one has this tuned any higher? The only complaint is the quicksilver color faded around the turbo area which as you can see for a 72mm is not far apart from a previous post. How are the 67mm turbos holding up in color?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
As you can see in the pics. The turbo is really close to it. The welds look just like new. Though as you can see most of the paint is gone except the 6th cylinder lol.

I will get a infared thermometer to see how hot it is running after the tuning, and dynos runs are finished. Within a week (Hopefully).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
EDIT: What down pipe did you end up using?
A temp. Got it from driftmotion, but That is a eBay one which costed me more to fit my setup. 67mm most likely fit, but not the 72mm I have don't try it lol.

Maybe a year, or less. When I get a QSV. Will be going with power house racing Titanium down pipe mid pipe :bigthumb: Since I really like the sound of my 2nd Generation Trd muffler. Will post a exhaust note for kicks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have this manifold it was a piece when i got it had a machine shop do quite a bit of work on it to make it decent. IE horrible welds, poor easy of installation, turbo flange was orientate towards the motor, all kinds of slag in the the runners and around the collector. Next mani i buy is going to be a treadstone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got the Suprastore manifold on mine, installed in March, so far about 1,000 miles on the new setup. My manifold was in great condition, no slag, good welds. Looks nice too.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have this manifold it was a piece when i got it had a machine shop do quite a bit of work on it to make it decent. IE horrible welds, poor easy of installation, turbo flange was orientate towards the motor, all kinds of slag in the the runners and around the collector. Next mani i buy is going to be a treadstone.

Can I ask your last name to match an order? I handle every single order for Suprastore(have for the past 4 years now along with Mark) and I could verify this or debunk it right now for everyone...

I can guarantee you did not get a "Quicksilver" manifold from us with these problems. All of our manifolds are hand made on a jig with very good craftsmanship, ie. great looking welds, correct alignment, non warped flanges...

Perhaps you bought one of the "budget" XS style manifolds we used to offer years ago?

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Has anyone purchased their 4" downpipe to go along with this manifold? http://www.suprastore.com/dopiforqutum.html

The picture on the website is distinctly the Boost Logic clone that used to be all over ebay (which is exactly what I want- the BL clone), but when I emailed them (Mark) he said it would take 14 days after payment to "make" the downpipe. If it is handmade, why use the stock photo of a generic China downpipe?

·
Registered
298 Posts
been looking at single manifolds... this looks like a good option. hopefully it will fit in my car (2jz FD) and not hit anything.

81 - 100 of 158 Posts