Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Will work for Supra parts
709 Posts
Last year when I was searching around for my Mk IV, most Supras I saw, regardless of color, with 90K miles, were selling in the $22,000 to $25,000 range. Automatics bring lower prices then 6 speeds as well. I don't think I'd spend more then that myself, but hey, everybody is different.

· '93 Supra TT
654 Posts
throw some pics up, so we can see the condition of the car. i think the quicksilvers could sell for a little more. depends on what you have done to it and the condition of the paint.

· Banned
4,762 Posts
You referring to the one on ebay thats been complete repainted due to some dmg?

· Registered
325 Posts
Espeefan said:
Last year when I was searching around for my Mk IV, most Supras I saw, regardless of color, with 90K miles, were selling in the $22,000 to $25,000 range. Automatics bring lower prices then 6 speeds as well. I don't think I'd spend more then that myself, but hey, everybody is different.

This is vague, there is a huge difference in price from a 93.5 and a 97 or 98.
A 98' quicksilver with 90k miles, saying it is in good condition, with a clean background, is going to be worth somewhere between 33-43k depending on the car's overall condition of course. That is what I have seen on the Auto for average. But they are so rare I have only seen 3 or 4 for sale in the last couple years and they are the same cars being resold. The 6 speed QS's usually bring high 40's and up and they are rare as well.

And color does play a huge factor as well, people will pay less for a red supra and will pay more for a RSP supra. The more rare the color combo the more sought after it is. For example, I own a 98 AUTO TT in super white on black. I paid right at 30k for the car and I have had serious cash offers of 35k for the car. It is all original with 42k miles on it, that does come into play, but there were only 26 made in that color combo in 98. And only roughly 200 supras even made in 98'.

And when you were looking you saw all your supras in the 22-25k range? Damn, I shoulda bought 3 or 4 of them then. Now you are lucky to find a clean titled, clean history supra for less then 25k. And now you will pay at least 30k for any clean, low mileage TT.

Sorry I got off the subject, if you can get that car for anything under 35k and you can verify it is an original QS and not a converted one it would be a steal. If the car is indeed in great shape inside and out and the history is clean I would expect that car to go between 35-40k. Just my 2 cents

· Registered
1,691 Posts
Since I recently searched for, and then bought a QS, I have to chime in. Espeefan's suggestion that color doesn't make a big price difference may be true for the common colors, but it clearly makes a huge difference for RSP and QS.

I'll just "second" my agreement with NOob1e's comments, plus add that whether the car is worth closer to 30k or closer to 40k is not only dependent on condition, but how modded it is. It could be very clean, but if its has lots of "tinker-mods" (ie mystery splices all over and lots stock parts lost forever), it will be worth less than a non-modded or very conservatively modded car.

· Will work for Supra parts
709 Posts
Granted you are talking about a '98, but it's got 90K miles already and it's only any automatic! I don't doubt someone would pay that much for a quicksilver, and I know they are rare, but my train of thought is why spend $30K for a car with that many miles, when I know $2,000 to $6,000 more will get you a Supra TT with a 6 speed that has somewhere between 40K to 65K miles? I'd skip the rare color for a lower mileage example, thanks. In fact, that's what I ended up doing myself.....

· Registered
325 Posts
mifesto said:
no way for a stock auto? even if its quicksilver.... i say low 20s.... 30k would be if u have extremely low mileage

Dude, first off your saying mods make your car more valuable, which is true only in some instances. 2nd of all your saying all stock A/T's are in the low 20's because they are auto?? Maybe all 93.5-96 mid to higher mileage stock A/T's are low 20's. I hope that is what you are saying.. On average 6 speeds go for about 5k more then and auto, so if a 97 6 speed with low mileage is going for 40k the auto version of that car must be low 20's huh??

I guess people do really have a bunch of different ideas. That is cool. But you give me a completly stock, all original 98' quicksilver A/T with 20k miles I wouldnt sell it for less then 45k. 50k miles I wouldnt sell for less then 40k, 90k miles and flawless, I would sell it for 35k. And people would pay it. But thats just my oppinion.

All stock, all original cars bring a premium as well as the nicely modded cars bring. Some people keep their cars all stock and all original for the collector's aspect of it. And some people keep them all stock because they prefer the cars that way and do not like the hassle of having parts go down and having so much shop time in their cars.. Some people just like the look of all stock better.. Just because you like the mods doesnt make your car more valuable then an all stock version of your car, it is in the eyes of who is looking at your car to determine that.

I am only talking 97's and 98's here as those were the years the rare colors were made. I know you can find a 93.5-95 stock auto TT for low to mid 20's, but they wont have really low mileage.

Anything but red in 97' or 98' in great shape with low mileage (0-50k) and a clean background is going for 30k+ now-a-days. This is regardless of 6 speed or auto. It is pretty rare to see a 97' or 98' with less then 50k miles and very,very clean go for less then 30k.

93.5-96 are a little more common and you will see those priced from 20k-50k with the majority being in the 20's no matter what the color or tranny, Ill agree with you there.

Edit: And the collectors are looking for the rare colors so in 20 years they can say, "this is the only quicksilver left in the US, there were only 9 A/T's to begin with." How much will that car be worth then?.... regardless of miles....

Ive tried to state here what I have learned from watching the market over the last 2 years, I have watched the 97-98 market closer as I care about that market a little more for personal reasons(I own one of them). But I have watched the older years as well.. These are just my oppinions and I am bored as hell so I am ranting here.. Forgive me, I am not trying to offend anyone.

· Registered
311 Posts
Supra109 said:
How much is a TT Quicksilver with 90,000 miles worth. The car is in great shape inside and out and its an auto (1 of 9). LMK

Mike
It sucks that the price on these cars are soo high, but take it from someone who recently bought one for the 1st time, its well worth the wait. But for that price I would make sure its all that you want, dont settle for an automatic if you want stick. The color dont matter much but its the engine and tranny thats really worth considering.
Good luck,
ShinRyu..

· Registered
2,198 Posts
The car is worth what it is worth regardless what one persons thought process is on it. Just because a few people don't think a 98 with 90k miles should be worth more does not somehow make it worth less. It will sell 30k+ with no problems.

Quicksilver (most sought after color), 1998 (one of the most sought after years), and 1 of 9. Yea I'd say it's easily worth the money. It's a collectors type of car. If your looking at the car for a different reason then you won't understand the pricing.

· Registered
325 Posts
JGsupraTT said:
The car is worth what it is worth regardless what one persons thought process is on it. Just because a few people don't think a 98 with 90k miles should be worth more does not somehow make it worth less. It will sell 30k+ with no problems.

Quicksilver (most sought after color), 1998 (one of the most sought after years), and 1 of 9. Yea I'd say it's easily worth the money. It's a collectors type of car. If your looking at the car for a different reason then you won't understand the pricing.

+1 That is what I was trying to say in all my rants.. Simple,easy, well put.. Damn You!! J/K :bigthumb:

· Supra TT Senior
1,895 Posts
Whoever thinks a 98 QS auto w/90K miles in good condition will go for low 20s is on crack.

And following other members who have asked, is this the repainted one on ebay that has no more vin stickers :rofl:

If that's the case, maybe the low 20s would work... :bigthumb:

· '93 Supra TT
654 Posts
I can settle this right now. I will take the QS off you hands for 20K right now. lol i couldnt see this car selling for less than 30K, but if you want to give it to me for 20, i can work it out right now

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.