Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a QUIET bov that would be good for an 89 turbo automatic. My stock bov developed a flutter a while ago, I replaced it with another stocker from ebay but it seems the stock ones dont last long. I want to replace it but like to keep the car as quiet as possible.

My car has only a few basic mods
K&N intake, becausican dp w high flow cat and hks 3" catback

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
ya, they work pretty good. a friend of mine is running a saab bosch BOV and it works just fine.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
im running a Bosch BOV. sounds awesome in my opinion. i have only intake and exhaust so nothing special but yea, it gives out the perfect sound. also its a direct replacement. except for needing new slighty bigger hoses.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had head that the Bosch bov's make some kind of whistle. I actually have one I got off ebay but never tried it after I read about the whistle. I guess I ll give it a try

Thanks for all the responses.

·
Invert.
257 Posts
How about the blitz bov with the silencer. The old one is cheaper if you can find it, but doesn't hold high boost as well. I have it on now, but with the horn instead.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
run any bov recirculating and it will quiet it down quite a bit. i know there are kits out there for the hks, greddy type s, and the blitz.

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
I have the turbosmart blowoff, the one with holes around the body. It's quiet as hell, I have to try hard to make it blow-off and since it's sitting on top of the motor, it's extra quiet...

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
i have a blitz BOV but it sounds pretty weak :dunno: like its more of a fluttering sound then a psssstshhhhhhhhhh that i want... anyone know how to adjust it? :bigthumb:

·
Invert.
257 Posts
on mine, an older style, you unscrew the retaining nut and then use a hex key to loosen and tighten it. Mine is adjusted best for me now, and it flutters. Most do on low boost.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
you want to keep the car as quiet as possible but you have a bic ddp hehe, I guess you don't drive WOT that much do ya? I'd have to agree with everybody else, I can't say much b/c i have the TurdoXS rfl, and that's pretty fucking loud, but kinda cheap, so I can't help yea much.

·
ODS
847 Posts
One major issue with having any recirculated BOV be quiet is the intake... The stock intake muffles the sound of the discharge (what a dirty word)... But aftermarket intakes will allow BOV to be heard much more...

SMo'

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
i think i have to agree with you smolik. i had a HKS intake in my car for the past 2 years now and just this morning i changed the intake to a Cone filter and it sounds 10x better then the HKS. the cone filter is bigger and brand new and clean unlike the HKS was. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
could always use an mkiv bov

·
Registered
182 Posts
get the apex-i mine is nice and subtle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts