Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the most important car to come out of their corporation since the K-Car or 300C. Why? The old car was a rental lot special. This is DCX corporations real move to take Chrysler away from that image. Most definately it will continue to be a rental lot special if the market response is slow. But what if it was good? Could this be the car Chrysler really wants to follow up the 300 with? I applaud DCX once again for snubbing their nose at the Toyota tradition of making your cars look like somebody else's. I still can't help but wonder what half wit moron designed the pedestrian bumpers. I am trying hard not to pigeonhole this car just for the overhang treatment, yet if you look closely it's not very different from other cars in it's class. First off the new Sebring actually costs less, and undercuts the Accord and Camry by a few thousand adding to the rental car persona. Second all this car has going for it is looks. Goddamnit I can't go on. Just sell your DCX stock now.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Toyota called. They want their taillights back. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Saturn Ion called - they want their roofline back.

Sorry - that is hideous.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'd take a 300 over that thing anyday.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
talk about running out of ideas...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
TrueSlideXL said:
The old car was a rental lot special.
I must say, this new one will likely be a high incentive fleet ride that has some style. Even fleet cars are becoming stylish!

The new Camry CE is actually a bargain for the equipment, style, and size. So unless this has some AWD turbo line, there's little to distinguish this from the Fusions, Camrys, new crop of Korean cars, etc.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
Crossfire called, it wants its FRONT END back.

:ugh2:

Chrysler was on the roll...but this thing is DISGUSTING.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
all you guy's dad's called - they want their boyfriends back

I like it. Yes its Crossfire and Maxima and Zephyr and whatever else you want to call it, but I like it. It has some really hard striking lines for a family sedan. You cant make a brand of all 300's and you need some toned down cars from that. The 300 is a hooker in a church, this is more like nice girl in slutty clothes.

I can see where you guys are saying about the rental car image or whatever, but I dunno. I dont hate it.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
Looks to me like it was influenced alot by mercades, mabey its just me. I dont think its a bad looking car at all.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
It has plenty of stolen styling cues actually......the rear end looks really familiar actually.....tailghts, dual exhaust, little step down from the decklid all look really familiar.

And I sure hope it's a few thousand cheaper than Accords and Camry's, or they'll never even move the first one lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nearly every car in that class has stolen styling cues and looks alike. The more I see it the more the exterior grows on me and the interior looks pretty good from what I can see of it.

·
Dreamer
1,627 Posts
canker said:
Nearly every car in that class has stolen styling cues and looks alike. The more I see it the more the exterior grows on me and the interior looks pretty good from what I can see of it.
Yes, every car has stolen styling to some degree but I have never seen a car with nothing but stolen styling like this one... I think you need to get your eyes checked :p

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rookie84 said:
Yes, every car has stolen styling to some degree but I have never seen a car with nothing but stolen styling like this one... I think you need to get your eyes checked :p
You've never seen a Mazda 6 next to a Camry? Acura RL next to a new LS? LS400 next to a w140? :ugh2: But yeah it's horrible regardless. Lord knows why this thing got greenlighted at all. I am curious as to what people think it looks like? The Audi assertion is dead wrong. Chrysler took that front end treatment from the Crossfire and 300c which took cues from the Pronto Cruizer, Lightning, Chronos and Airflite concepts among others all of which are older than Audi's most recent look. :ugh2: The Camry tailights comment is nowhere close. I think the rear looks like a Subaru if anything because of the spacing for the license plate cutouts. The more I think about it this car might grow more on me if it was all white or all black, and that is not saying much.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts