Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
1/4? If it starts!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the quietest exhaust you can put on a mkiv?

Anyone know any
good QUIET systems
or just some unique sounding exhaust sys.

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
My TRD Gen 2 is pretty damn quiet.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Quietest for sure are Greddy SP, and Tanabe Touring medallion. I used to have the SP and was very happy with it. Throatier than stock, especially WOT, but never obnoxious even by spouse standards.

I don't know TRD sound well. Maybe it is as quiet as the two I've noted, but note that its no longer available.

·
Super Moderator
10,530 Posts
HKS Hi-Power. I have it on my red MKIV. Many years ago, I had the GReddy SP on my black MKIV. The HKS Hi-Power (75 mm) is at least as quiet as the GReddy SP, with possibly a slightly deeper tone. My red car is BPU with all the plusses (I think).

Ken.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
which one of these exhausts would pass the california emissions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Greddy sp fo show!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tanabe Touring. I just put one on an IS300. Beautiful build quality, fantastic sound. Just right. Go to their site and they have sound clip of it on a MKIV...

·
593 Posts
RS*R exhaust has got to be the quietest exhaust on the market.

Sounds like a stock exhaust and will get slightly louder during WOT but nothing annoying or aggressive. I wish I still had one on my car.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
There is no emissions testing for cat back exhausts just sound level testing which has to be under 95db, the tanabe hyper or touring would pass for sure along with a few others.

if the car is in sequential stock tt mode, would the sound get as loud as it does in ttc? and if that is not the case, would all the exhaust kits be under the sound test?

·
Part of the MSB club
1,390 Posts
The ATR exhaust is pretty quiet as well, way too quiet for me. They only time you could really tell it was louder was in WOT, but even then it wasn't as loud as my car with a Carbon Ti exhaust at idle.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts