Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i realized a clunking sound, almost a click from underneath the car whenever i shifted gears or accelerated. this got me rather concerned/interested so i crawled under the car today to investigate. i checked over everything as it had been awhile since i'd been under there and i immediately realized the problem. the clutch slave cylinder bolts were on the verge of falling out. somehow they had come loose and backed off considerably. i am beginning to wonder if i actually torqued them down or not when i bolted up the tranny 2 years ago. i took it for a drive after i fixed it, and wow what a difference in both pedal feel and clutch controllability. just thought i'd share this with you guys. i also had a look at the stock driveshaft and checked out the carrier bearing. is there supposed to be any play in it at all? mine has a significant amount of play (about an inch (after 160,000km)) but still feels somewhat rigid and doesn't flop around. any comments? cheers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
hehe yeah similar thing to me heard a clunking and on my way to check it out my driveshaft snapped a bolt and then the clunking turned into a loud dragging noise lol. Fun Stuff! Thanks for the input though, I'll be sure to remember that as a possibility when it happens to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts