Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have never posted in here before so bare with me on my lack of knowledge on this subject. ok i have a 100% completely stock stero in my supra n/a. It sounds absoutly terrible. is this normal? it sounds like there is a loud button i need to hit or something. It just has no bass what so ever even if i turn the bass knob. I have a 6 speaker system ( don't know if there are any lower grade factory options). If i were to put a say nice double din CD player in would it make a big difference? I'm not about the big systems (more weight less speed for me ;). so im just wanting a nice sounding car. let me know some info if possible. thanks for your help guys :)

also.. does anyone know if a APEX fuel controler would fit under the cd player if i were to put a single din instead? thanks

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Well...to start....a 2Din unit isn't going to increase your bass responce or sound quality. The only thing that can do that is better speakers so upgrade that first. A set of nice 6.5" components in front (or 4.5 if you wanna stay simple and stock size) will dramatically increase the sound.

S

·
0 Posts
the Apex might fit... im not sure tho. Also the quality of the receiver is very important. I had an older alpine deck *cde-something, 1 preout 4x40watts* and replaced it with a new Panasonic CQFD801U deck *3pre-outs 5v , 4x60watts, etc..*. A better receiver would help some because it would supply more sound and power, but wouldnt help the quality that much. It would just be louder. What you need to do is take your car in somewhere and see what speakers you can fit in your car. I got 4" 452I infinity speakers in the front door and 6.5" 652I infinity speakers in the back seats. It dramatically helped the quality of sound. With the old receiver it didnt sound all that great, but with a better speaker it sounds wonderful. lol i know this is getting confusing and long, but my point is... make sure when you replace stuff to replace it with quality products and try to do it all at once. Otherwise your experience will be different with good products, ((due to bad sound cause the amp isnt supplying enuf power, or bad speakers , but nice receiver, and stuff like that)).

Also if u need help on installing a receiver check my thread at the top and feel free to ask questions.

Rob~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts