Supra Forums banner

QWIKSTRIKES 2JZGTE BUILD

22K views 113 replies 16 participants last post by  QWIKSTRIKE 
#1 Ā· (Edited)
I finally am replacing my 7mgte with a 2jzgte that I have built myself.
I am almost finished and I am making a list of the things that I have bought. And Progress made.

I have a JDM 2jzgte that was abused which aledgedly had 50k, but when I took the oil pan down the bottom end had thick coked dried oil all over the crank and mains..
The head was in the same condition and I had to scrape off thick crud from valve covers.

I had a NA-T in the White body, but I scrapped that for a blue 77k body with a bhg.
I ran the JDM crud block until it failed and took the NA-T bottom to Lab Racing who did Vinny Tens 2jzgte.

CARILLO ARIAS PISTONS HIGH COMPRESSION 86.5 BORE

BRANGERS BILLET MAIN CAPS

ARP MAIN STUDS 203-5405

ACL MAIN/ROD BERINGS

ACL THRUST WASHERS

BRIAN CROWER BC6309HD RODS

BRIAN CROWER BC0300 CAM SPRINGS TITANIUM CAPS

BRIAN CROWER BC304 276 10.29MM CAMS

VICTOR REINZ VALVE STEM SEALS

OEM TOYOTA GTE OIL PUMP

TIMKEN CAMSHAFT SEALS

FRONT/REAR MAIN SEALS

ARP STUDS 203-4205

Arp inserts 200-8574. ....This is a 7M Quake mod....this mod keeps the holes in the head from collapsing under torque from years of heat causing the head to anneal.

TOMEI 1.4MM HEAD GASKET

DRIFTMOTION BILLET RELOCATION OIL ADAPTER DM3608

AMSOIL BILLET DUAL FILTER MOUNT BMK23-EA

EARLS BILLET OIL THERMOSTAT -10

EBAY OIL COOLER USED FOR YEARS NO LEAKS -10

AEROQUIP -10 HOSES....PAY TO PLAY NO OTHER HOSE PERFORMS BETTER.

THIS OIL SETUP ALLOWS 9.5 QUARTS OF OIL AND COOLING.

BRANGERS BILLET BELT TENSIONER

NEW OEM TOYOTA WATER PUMP

IN TANK E85 WALBR0 450 PUMP scrapped

FUEL LAB 92902 190 GPH INTERNAL FUEL PUMP

1200cc BOSCH ev14 FUEL INJECTORS
550CC BOSCH ev14 FIEL INJECTORS

MOTION RACE WORKS 10an INLINE E85 BYPASS sensor MOUNT

GM E85 SENSOR

DEEP MOTORSPORT DUAL INJECTOR FUEL RAIL
INTAKE MANIFOLD FOR 12 FUEL INJECTORS

MERCURY IGN-1A COILS AND ALUMINUM MOUNT PLATE

TUBULAR EXHAUST FROM AMAZON

PRECISION TURBO GT4067R TO BE REPLACED WITH 7675 IN FUTURE

EMU BLACK CUSTOM WIRE HARNESS BY ME LOOKING LIKE STOCK WITH CUSTOM SHIELDED CABLE FOR CRANK CAM SENSORS AFTER START UP THIS ECU AND WIRE HARNESS IS FOR SALE READY TO GO . SOLD

PROEFI 128 REPLACED EMU BLACK.....IN FUTURE WOLF TUNER SPORT WILL BE BACK UP.

TOYOTA SHIMLESS BUCKETS.....I THINK I HAVE BECOME EXPERT ON THESE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS. ARRIVING THIS WEEK TO BE CLEARANCE CHECKED FINAL INSTALL. I PAID 13.93 EACH BUCKET.

AMAZON MICROMETER AND CALIPER FOR MICING

2 YEARS IN THE WORKS WITH SON IN COLLEGE AMONG OTHER LIFE ISSUES....

See less See more
#42 Ā· (Edited)
The new BREWT4CE and pictures of K&N filter with IC pipe installed. LED lights installed 9 in rims up front 10 inch rims on da rear ;)
Continental extreme contact dws06 plus 2853518 rear 245s in the front. 3 inch ss ebay exhaust. I know....I know ebay sucks. :rolleyes:

Attachments

#50 Ā·
Today I worked on the wire harness. The Proefi 128 doesn't have a shielded cable so I made one to bock electromagnetic noise.
The silver wire is the shielding and the red and black hose I'd the plastic outer cover.

12 injectors are wired in coils are half finished. The cam and crank sensors are finished and the tps, and water temp are ready for be finished

Attachments

#53 Ā· (Edited)
Wiring is coming along.....I will order 2 Deutch connector plug pigtails to put on each fuel rail to create 2 sub injector harness. The red and black wire is a shielded cable that I made because the Proefi 128 didn't have one to block noise. I installed the crank and cam wires into the shielded cable and covered it in PET expandable plastic covering.

Attachments

#56 Ā·
Flexfuel sensor 13507129 is wired in, canbus to Racepak IQ3 display must be wired in. Fuelab 92902 Intank 1800 horse power power module fuel pump needs to replace 2 WALBR0 PUMPS that will only flow half that. I eliminate 2 lines with a single 10an feed to a motion race works e85 10an flexfuel adapter which will house a Continental flexfuel sensor...

I don't need this done to start the car and since it's cold here in NY this is next on my list. My alternator is upgraded to a Sequoia 150amp unit new from Wai global which is the same company that I bought a new replacement starter šŸ¤”.....so far it cranked every time vs the clicking intermittently starts that MkIII Supras face...

All I really need to do is register the Proefi and program it to start.

Attachments

#58 Ā·
Interested to see your feedback on that pump. The fuel pump is what I'm holding out on right now, waiting for a good brushless one with a decent controller. I know ID had been working on one for a while.

#59 Ā· (Edited)
Tank drill shards cleaned, retun Line installed, and tank painted. Fuel pump pickup now must be installed. Once pickup is measured, and installed I make the 10an feed with inline filter, and in line 10an bypass e85 sensor. Ten I can finally program and start this thing.

Attachments

#60 Ā· (Edited)
New issues.....the new in tank pump is 7 inches long it is was lower than the baffle in the tank. It sits to the left of the baffle and the stock hanger is formed with bends that lift it over and into the center of the baffle.

This is so low that I'd have to cut into the baffle. My solution is to cut a 4 inch circle with a hole saw, and weld a sump under the hole. I then make he pickup tube to sit in the hole into the sump. The bottom of the tank now becomes the top baffle for the pickup tube.

Time to get to work......sump from Summit Racing will be here Thursday.

#61 Ā· (Edited)
Ordered a sump to drop the pickup tube, and filter into. Each new mod causes you sometimes to make additional mods. As I mentioned earlier the pump is about 1 inch into my baffle. I would have to cut the stock baffle to try to make this work. The idea of this pump was stealth and no sump....go figure.

If you look at the pictures you can see the baffles that impedes the pump, and pickup tube installation. This Is a 7mgte tank.

The picture at the bottom with the pickup tube must now be installed and resting into this sump. I dropped the tank at the welders yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

#62 Ā· (Edited)
Gas tank issues have been solved I think. The next step is to place this theory into effect and see what happens. It's time for some fuel lines, and e85 inline flex fuel sensor installation.

My trials and tribulations and the steps that it took to make this happen with this tank can be viewed in this link.

Attachments

#64 Ā·
Thanks Eric.....hopefully I can have the fuel lines done next weekend, and pour some fuel in it to start it up. I am still debating if I should put some sealant in the sump to cover the weld spots that appear to have a slight rust tinge from the moisture. I made an aluminum flange to the middle of the sump, and the top of the sock for the 6an return line.

#66 Ā·
I finally installed the pump into the tank permanently, and installed the tank into the car. I just have to plumb the flex fuel sensor into the distribution block and go over everything preparing for the 1st start. I had to massage the rear floor of the hatch to make it fit. I may just have a raised panel for easy access. The blue piece sticking out is the inline check valve from Summit.

Attachments

#67 Ā·
Here I had to take the intake off to install the 10an to the distribution block. There are 4 feed lines here that are turned to 4 different positions because the intake is low,or they would hit the intake if they all pointed up. There are 2 10 an feeds attached to the DRIFTMOTION oil relocation adapter. You also see the oil feed off that relocation adapter since this is a NA bottom. There is also the power steering, water return hose, positive starter cable, and ground to the block. It's busy but this is the only way dual fuel rails could be fed.....in case you are all wondering why so many directions. šŸ¤”

I could have dual 6an feeds from the flex fuel sensor, but there's to many possible leak points already. The single 10an feed and 6an return is all that I am doing for now...getting close to the starting phase.

Attachments

#68 Ā·
Fuel lines are attached to the distribution block with a 10an Fragola Teflon rubber coated stainless steel braided hose. There is a inline fuel filter from Earls with a changeable element that's plumbed to a Motion Racework 10an Flex fuel adapter with a 6an bypass for the Continental 6an flex fuel sensor. I am now sorting the wires from the Proefi 128 to the Flex Fuel sensor. The rest of those wires will be routed elsewhere.

All that is left is to wire the pump to the Proefi setting it up as a PWM feed so it won't run full power continuously, and burn out.

It is time to clean up and terminate the excess wires in the engine bay to make it look nice, but my main priority now is to check all wires and sensor connections preparing to fire it up.
Better pictures to come don't mind the wires hanging they all will be gone minus the flex fuel sensor wires. The positive battery cable needs to be resituated also.

This has been a 4 year project with lots of twist and turns, and fluid upgrades as I progressed like the fuel tank and pump fiasco. šŸ˜Ž Sitting outside in the sun for 4 years has ruined the paint. Now I have to seal the targa top, and get the electronic dash installed. Next year hoping to wide body the back for larger tires and paint.

Finally I am in the starting phase whoo hooo...... Yaaay!

Attachments