Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently had a buddy of mine pass away who was a physics major at the University of Redlands. His name was David Miller and he was graduating in April with his Bachelor's in Physics. Unfortunately, he was riding his motorcycle home at 2:30am when he was struck by a woman driving on the wrong side of the freeway with her 3 kids in the car. The event took place in Arizona, as he was driving home from visiting graduate schools in New Mexico, where he was planning on specializing in interplanetary propulsion systems. If anyone knew David, he was an absolute genius and due to his recent depature, the entire world has taken a loss.

·
Dont question the good Dr
473 Posts
sad event to hear, especially myself being a miller. It always seems that the best and most gifted upstanding people in this world are taken out by the most lowly and worthless of us.

very sad news.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently had a buddy of mine pass away who was a physics major at the University of Redlands. His name was David Miller and he was graduating in April with his Bachelor's in Physics. Unfortunately, he was riding his motorcycle home at 2:30am when he was struck by a woman driving on the wrong side of the freeway with her 3 kids in the car. The event took place in Arizona, as he was driving home from visiting graduate schools in New Mexico, where he was planning on specializing in interplanetary propulsion systems. If anyone knew David, he was an absolute genius and due to his recent depature, the entire world has taken a loss.
My condolences to him and his family, and honestly I'm at a loss for words right now. May he find peace in the next life what he couldn't in this. :(

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
i am sorry to hear about this loss.

is it just me or is there a huge influx of people dying from driving on the wrong side of the highway? just how do you get on the wrong side of the highway? even if you're under influence? you really have to go out of your way to be going the other way. seems like not a week goes by that i don't hear about someone driving on the wrong side of the highway and killing someone. a coworker of mine lost his best friend to this same situation a few weeks back.

·
...smell like cabbage
1,097 Posts
RIP. It's horrible to hear things like this.

i am sorry to hear about this loss.

is it just me or is there a huge influx of people dying from driving on the wrong side of the highway? just how do you get on the wrong side of the highway? even if you're under influence? you really have to go out of your way to be going the other way. seems like not a week goes by that i don't hear about someone driving on the wrong side of the highway and killing someone. a coworker of mine lost his best friend to this same situation a few weeks back.
At night, a lot of people accidentally take the exit ramp when getting onto highways. If it is a non populated area there are few cars to use as a reference and not all ramps are marked sufficiently with "wrong way"/"do no enter" signs

·
Killing Owls 2 stop O Rly
885 Posts
I know the combined speeds going against each other is probably 150+ mph, but couldn't he see headlights coming his way? I would have slowed down as fast as possible to get to the side of the road.

I obviously don't know the scenario and I am very sorry to hear another rider lost due to pure stupidity (on the womans part), RIP.

·
Registered
361 Posts
RIP, condolences for your loss.

where he was planning on specializing in interplanetary propulsion systems. If anyone knew David, he was an absolute genius and due to his recent depature, the entire world has taken a loss.

Thats amazing! I didnt even know that short of NASA, there was any sort of serious study into interplanetary propulsion.
I cant help thinking of that StarTrek movie where they discovered the warp drive.

Truly a loss..

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RIP

What happened to the woman? What's she charged with?
The last I heard, nothing. She wasn't drunk or under the influence of any drugs... just happened to be late, she was old, made a mistake getting on an exit ramp and not an on ramp... Just wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Man, R.I.P. and godspeed to David.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts