Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spent about six hours trying to fix my R154 today (while it's under an RX7 FC still attached to the engine, pain in the ass).

My 5th/reverse fork shaft is not aligned with the other 1/2 and 3/4 fork shafts.

An example of how it should be (all fork shafts aligned perfectly with each other)

My R154 5th/reverse fork shaft is pushed back away from the others and I simply could not line it up. Due to it being pushed further back, the shift lever did not come all the way out of the shift housing hole and I couldn't drive my car today, again.

So, why would it be unaligned? And how do I align it? I couldn't figure that out either. I tried to pull on it and yank it, didn't use anything like a screwdriver to pry because I was afraid of damaging something.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shameless bump

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed everything, or so I thought.

Took it out for the maiden voyage yesterday and she pulls like a freight train. So many stares.. I live in arkansas and no one even sees rx7s let alone 1jz rx7s.

Although, I can't engage second gear and there is a whirring noise when you try to do so. And no reverse. What could this be?

3-4-5 and 5 pull hard as hell. First either I'm too scared to get on it or it bogs down. I don't have my tachometer set up yet so I'll figure that out when I get there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man did you ever figure it out!???! I’m having the same problem! I put the detent ball on top on the 5th rod. I’m waiting to hear back from a friend. I also live in Arkansas! Little Rock. Come help me???

here is what my selectors look like. Hope to hear from ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts