Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I just finished Rebuilding my R154 with a Marlin Crawler Rebuild kit.

Before I put the case back together;

-the input and output shafts spun freely in neutral.
-bench shifting was a little sticky but I thought It was because there was no oil
-all gears functioned normally

However I put the intermediate and extention housings on, installed the C's Short Shifter (MAD JDM BALLER YO) and now;

-When in neutral the output and input shafts spin at the same time (FAIL)
-The transmission BARELY goes into 1st and Reverse (More FAIL)
-When in 1st and Reverse output and input shaft WILL NOT spin. I even put the clutch disk on for more torque but to no avail... (Oddles of FAIL)

I know I will have to take it apart again but I am at a lose even for where to start.

OK so I took off the front bearing retainer and re assembled the rest of the transmission (Extension housing and shift assembly) and the transmission shifted fine through all gears and neutral worked perfectly but if i put the front bearing retainer on and hand tightened the bolts. Same problem. Only goes into first and reverse and will not turn. Also There is no neutral
HELP!

I have the TSRM and I followed it for clearances and torque specs as well as procedure.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was doing some reading, I am away for training now but could it perhaps be this step of the TSRM causing me these problems?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts