Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know Boost Logic just developed a kit for the R154 swap and thats awesome, but I'm not sure I want to pay that right now. Now to say I'm a cheapass isn't really the right word for it, but I just don't like spendiing more than I have to. I work at a local shop so I do know what I'm doing with a car and have access to lifts and all the tools I could ever need. Now onto the real point of this thread. Has anyone done this swap without the kit? What parts are exactly needed? I found an R154 with 1JZ bell on it for like $750, so that leaves me with flywheel, clutch, and driveshaft? Oh yeah I am auto but that shouldn't be a problem because I am going 5spd whether is a W58 or R154. I would also get the Auto-TT diff for gearing. I understand its gonna cost a decent amount either way but bring it on! Let me know what you used for the swap.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
PSiedSC300 said:
Alright, I know Boost Logic just developed a kit for the R154 swap and thats awesome, but I'm not sure I want to pay that right now. Now to say I'm a cheapass isn't really the right word for it, but I just don't like spendiing more than I have to. I work at a local shop so I do know what I'm doing with a car and have access to lifts and all the tools I could ever need. Now onto the real point of this thread. Has anyone done this swap without the kit? What parts are exactly needed? I found an R154 with 1JZ bell on it for like $750, so that leaves me with flywheel, clutch, and driveshaft? Oh yeah I am auto but that shouldn't be a problem because I am going 5spd whether is a W58 or R154. I would also get the Auto-TT diff for gearing. I understand its gonna cost a decent amount either way but bring it on! Let me know what you used for the swap.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

you need a mk3 slave cylinder and btw your speedometer might not work.

i think i got a way around it but i havent had any luck getting my car started with the ems

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the speedo driven off the rearend or the tranny? how does the shifter sit? the MK3 slave cylinder is like the only other real part i need or what? i had something else to ask but im retarded and already forgot lol...get your EMS going so I can see off your car! lol

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
speedo driven off teh tranny and shifter is very high like a school bus. You can use the search button for the rest.

and my car will be up soon just working out some bugs

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neostreamsupra said:
speedo driven off teh tranny and shifter is very high like a school bus. You can use the search button for the rest.

and my car will be up soon just working out some bugs
ahh thats what i was afraid of...

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i just searched and didn't really come up with definative answers...its kind of the same questions with no one actually going through with it or anything. well since i found a soarer transmission I might just do it IDK. I guess I just wanted some more clear answers before I tie up a ton of money into it.

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
neostreamsupra said:
i think chris and i are the only one that has the r154 on our cars
lol damn...hmm...maybe ill just throw it in there and try to figure somethin out with the shifter idk...the speedo thing does kinda bother me...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Just got a general question: I believe I need an R154 with a 1jz bellhousing, right? So if the stock mkiii turbo R154 bellhousing is cracked, it's ok because I will need to change it to a 1jz bellhousing anyway? With or without the boostlogic kit.

·
Supra Ricer
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep sure will, ive heard the MKIII tranny has a different shifter setup and it might not fit in the right place in the console, unsure tho...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
ok thanks, that clears it up

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
correction iv had it running for 3 months now. and i just laid down 640 rwhp on a dynojet :rofl:

neostreamsupra said:
i think chris and i are the only one that has the r154 on our cars

1 - 13 of 13 Posts