Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Sorry I'm not using the search button but my comp. Broke but anyways, the R154 trans comes from an 89-92 supra right, well If buy one and change the bell housing will it bolt up to a 2jzgte motor? Or am I stuck using the W58?

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
additionally the trans comes for an 87-92 TURBO supra then use the 1jz stuff as mentioned aboved also would get a stronger clutch for it than stock

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so that R154 trans + the 1jz bell housing will allow to use it with the 2jz-gte motor....am i getting this right? im not too worried about clutch just yet

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
now you said w58 in the first post... are you on a GTE or GE?

but yes, the 1jz bellhousing should be able to bolt up to your engine. and you could just fix most of the parts problem by sourcing a r154 soarer trans.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the engine I am purchasing is a 2jz GTE that's going into my rx7 and my supra is an NA auto which I would also like to convert it to a manual LOL I know I'm confusing sorry

·
Registered
514 Posts
All I wanted to make sure of is that an R154 trans from an 89-92 supra will work fine with a 2jz-GTE... if I swap out the bell housing that is...
yep it will work fine... I have one in my mk4 right now. 1jz bellhousing, 1jz flywheel, 7mgte clutch kit and pilot bearing. That will get you mounted and working. To fit it into the 7, you will probably have to get the shifter extended and get a custom driveshaft.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep it will work fine... I have one in my mk4 right now. 1jz bellhousing, 1jz flywheel, 7mgte clutch kit and pilot bearing. That will get you mounted and working. To fit it into the 7, you will probably have to get the shifter extended and get a custom driveshaft.

yupe the make a kit already to extend the shifter and mounts for it, good ol tech2 already makes it : )

does anyone have an R154 trans for sale

·
Registered
915 Posts
IIRC the R154 was only in the turbo model mk3's. the NA's had a different trans, so make sure you get one from a turbo model. and cprx7 did you extend the shifter on the r154 in your mkiv? you didn't list it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts