Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all three crossmembers different? I would assume so, but before I start buying stuff I'd like a for sure. I have an 88t with a340, and I have a mkii w58. I was told to get the mkiii n/a 5sp x-member. When (down the road) I upgrade to an r154, will I need another xmember? Also, driveshafts? All different as well, or only the front half? Thanks for the input!

·
Supratruck Pilot
882 Posts
mk2racer said:
Are all three crossmembers different? I would assume so, but before I start buying stuff I'd like a for sure. I have an 88t with a340, and I have a mkii w58. I was told to get the mkiii n/a 5sp x-member. When (down the road) I upgrade to an r154, will I need another xmember? Also, driveshafts? All different as well, or only the front half? Thanks for the input!
Yes, the R154 and W58 crossmembers are different. I would guess that the A340 is different as well. The front yoke on the driveshafts are different also.

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
All MKIII rear trans crossmembers are the same (W58, R154, A340). All front halves of the driveshafts are different for each transmission (the end with the transmission yoke on it). All rear halves of the driveshafts are the same.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Maybe model year difference? I used the 89 W58 (original) crossmember on the 91 R154 I put in the red 89 Supra....worked fine. And I used the 89 A340 (original) crossmember on the 89 R154 I swapped into the brown 89 Supra.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I'm going a340 to w58, then later on to r154.

Anyone have some out of a car to compare side by side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts