Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anybody done this, how does your car ride after, and where can i get them done for cheapp. Also has anyone done the r2 camber kit with this aswell? My rear has negative camber, and i need to get that fixed. Wondering if the camber kit would fix it.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
negative camber is not a bad thing. You don't need the R2 kit to fix rear camber, just an alignment

the only r2 kit i would get aside from the bushings are the front camber kit, for more front negative camber.

dynoxtreme can do it for you

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks curtis, but my rear is really messed up. I'm using tein ss coilovers and i had to adjust one side higher than the other in the rear. I don't know what is wrong and my wheel is like /--l in the rear, literally. Im hoping it has to do with my control arm, and not frame damage. If you guys have any info about my problem, please chime in. If i can single out the problem, it'll be cheaper for me to fix it. Thanks

·
single 1j
456 Posts
i have that same exact problem, but if i'm rite i heard they could be corrected due to our adjustable a-arms.. i tried to get my rears fixed but this place in monterey park is charging me 240 to just align and adj my cambers in the rear because he says there's some modification that's needs to be done to the adjuster thing in order to correct my camber.. but i think thats BS imo. it should be fine without modifying anything all it needs is for it to turned until the camber straighten out..

·
Old School
4,070 Posts
Anyone in SoCal who is within a 2 hour drive of Gardena should go no where else but West End Alignment.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
West End Alignment, do you think they can fix my problem. I tried Caraid, but they sent me to allen's tire comp and they couldn't do anything. I'll give them a call and see whats up. Thanks guys for your input. Slidingsidewayz, i'll pm you on how it goes so you can fix your problem too. Good luck guys and thanks

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
Unless you have major problems with your car, you should be able to get the camber within specs ~1deg. negative. And unless you're going to be strictly drag racing or drifting, you wouldn't want to have any less.

If you want to do the bushings, have Car Aid or Dyno Xtreme pull the arms and take them to Brian @ D&J Auto 714-848-0054 in HB to have the bushings/camber kits pressed out and installed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ryan. I'll give them a call after i pay a visit to dynoextreme. Hopefully sarkis will be able to tell me what is wrong with it. BTW Ryan, saw your car at the dynoextreme's dyno day, i must say you're car is soo clean. very nice. Anyway, hopefully my car is not in bad conditioned and can be easily fixed by just adjusting my camber. Thanks again guys for the feedback.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
keep us updated. i have some possible body damage on my old 240z and I'm waiting to see how this plays out and if i'll take it somewhere or scrap it for a new chassis

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for sure adrian. Midterms week is coming up so i'll be a little tied up studying but i'll try in between to get updates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts