Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,588 Posts
An 800hp car beat a 570hp car? No shit?

Here's a video where the guy "shits" on an R34 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccuWVWvqbVU
Looks like the same two cars because of the scenery and obviously the same R34.

Well that R34 is claimed to have 800whp, I would hope it shits on the R35. But R34 over R35 any day IMO.
Not everyone agrees to this. But to me its the difference between a 1jz (R35) vs the 2jz (R34). The new R35 just doesn't look like a progression of the R34 it looks like a whole new animal and doesn't look that great imo. But to each his own.

· 18 and i'll still take U!
1,344 Posts
haha nice runs.... i'll deff take an r34 becuase i like the rb's better than the new powerplant but ofcourse, this race is unfair because the r34 has much more power and didn't really destroy him

· Pagani productions
1,479 Posts
That r34 gtr could be a 600 700 hp.

· Proud MKIII Owner
4,173 Posts
WHO CARES:bootyshak

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
i was surprised that i was in russia, lol. the girl was like, "try number two, ima try to hold on this time b/c you launch so hard" lol.

anyone notice all the skylines at the ned of the first video?

anyways... who gives a damn if the r34 is 800whp (which i can tell you its not, probably 700or so) you have to look at whos postin the video...obviously it was the gtr with the hks stage 2 kit on it htat just had his ass handed to him, so obviously he'll say that the r34 was wayyy overpowered. and you can tell in both of the vids (well if you speak russian....) that he is greatly disappointed and almost sounds like he starts to say that he needs to upgrade bigger.....

but anyways, both cars are damned fast, and even though i would anyday take the 34 the gtr is slowly growing at me.....there was a gtr running 11.45 in the 1/4 last time i was at the track....even though it didnt take the driver much of anything to get it there with the launch control :)

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
The GTR is the much better car, unless you want to judge solely on who wins a drag race. Of course the people saying they would rather go for the R34 have never actually driven a GTR
well actually i think the people who say they would rather have an R34 are going solely from the likings of the car.... this includes myself. If you are talking performance around a track that is a totaly different thing... how many people buy a car over another b/c it out performance another on a track or w/e other setting? for the money i spent on my supra im sure i could have bought some beat up 200 dollar 240 and a built a full out time-attack car that would outperform the supra in any circumstance...but which would i rather have? ofcourse its all a matter of opinion...and even though the GTR, like i already said, is starting to grow on me, and i do lke they way they look..... they just arent for me. and this decision isnt coming from me driving the 2 cars..b/c i have never driven either

· Pimp of Centralia
5,513 Posts
Not everyone agrees to this. But to me its the difference between a 1jz (R35) vs the 2jz (R34). The new R35 just doesn't look like a progression of the R34 it looks like a whole new animal and doesn't look that great imo. But to each his own.
wat?

1jz = R35?
2jz = R34?

wat? GTR is a 3.8L Motor with great flowing heads... R35 is a 2.6L Motor.. :scratch:

· Registered
1,812 Posts
The GTR is the much better car, unless you want to judge solely on who wins a drag race. Of course the people saying they would rather go for the R34 have never actually driven a GTR
6 speed getrag mated to a straight 6. Thats a win right there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.