Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what harm can using straight leaded c-16 in a supra.....? i thought it would some how be bad for something sooner or later....

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ineed2speed said:
Don't forget your o2 sensors will go bad as well.

after how long though....i know its not an exact science but is it like 5 passes or like a few months?

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
after how long though....i know its not an exact science but is it like 5 passes or like a few months?
It's not guaranteed that they will go bad. Some people have run race gas for a long time and never had issues.

Don't forget also that there is such a thing as 110 octane unleaded fuel floating around as well.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know about the 110 but i have 3 gallons or so of c16 ....thats what my car was dyno'd with and thats what i was told to use......i would have to prob get it re-tuned for the 110

·
its a slow auto...
3,362 Posts
SUPRA180 said:
i know about the 110 but i have 3 gallons or so of c16 ....thats what my car was dyno'd with and thats what i was told to use......i would have to prob get it re-tuned for the 110
if you car has an aem, then the stock 02 sensor aren't being used anyway most likely, i removed mine... plenty of people run race gas all the time with there widebands and have no issues :dunno:

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
SUPRA180 said:

O2 Sensors are like 70 bucks, it's not that big a deal to replace them if they go bad. I don't ever worry about it, and I have a wideband.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
for the amount of race gas your looking to run, i doubt youd ever have a problem, and look on the bright side...If the cats go bad, get rid of em :)

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i still have my stock o2 from 93 and have run so much c16 threw my car latley and have had no problems yet. i keep a spare denso replacement o2 in the car for when the stock goes bad.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
i still have my stock o2 from 93 and have run so much c16 threw my car latley and have had no problems yet. i keep a spare denso replacement o2 in the car for when the stock goes bad.
LOL---LMAO @ "For when it goes bad." Maybe I should do that too only my wideband O2 one costs like 250 bucks hehe.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pane2k said:
for the amount of race gas your looking to run, i doubt youd ever have a problem, and look on the bright side...If the cats go bad, get rid of em :)
no cats anyway....since i have no aem and stock o2 sensors , iwas told that you had to get them from the dealer....i heard they were also like over $200.....thats why im concerned.....

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
I have already spent a lot more on "steady" race gas than a stock O2 sensor costs...I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. Just part of the TCO (total cost of ownership) if you like high boost! :)

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I got a whole summer out of my O2 sensor runing CAM2 115 leaded, probably 20 tanks of gas, before I had to get a new one.

I wouldn't wory about it.

Hope this helps,

Bob

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
braddman said:
O2 Sensors are like 70 bucks, it's not that big a deal to replace them if they go bad. I don't ever worry about it, and I have a wideband.
Que?

The MkIV sensors are much more than that and mine above the DP was a royal pain to get to.
It's probably easier on a single, but it's misery on the stockers!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does race gas Truly Make a Difference? Like if I dynoed my car BPU+ at 18 psi on 91 Pump or 100 Oct Race gas would the numbers really be a huge difference?

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
AZSUPRATT said:
Does race gas Truly Make a Difference? Like if I dynoed my car BPU+ at 18 psi on 91 Pump or 100 Oct Race gas would the numbers really be a huge difference?
18 psi on 91 OCT probably = kaboom.
Answer = yes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
AZSUPRATT said:
ive run 1.2 -1.4 bar before and had no issues at all though
Keep doing that on 91 octane and see how long it lasts.

There's a reason why the general rule of thumb for boosting on 91 octane gas is usually no more than 1 bar, just to be safe. But hey, if you feel like its fine, keep doing it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts