Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does everyone get race gas from? I'm down in Houston. Can adding octane booster (1 or 2 bottles) be sufficient?

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
RZJZA80 said:
Where does everyone get race gas from? I'm down in Houston. Can adding octane booster (1 or 2 bottles) be sufficient?
Octance booster wont do crap...it goes by "points"...almost like on wall street going by basis points. It's not really "1" point added to the 93. More like...1/10 or 1/100 of a real point.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Don't bother with octane boosters. They are as worthless as bottled spring water.
Basically the same scam, except one repackages tap water and marks up the price 10,000%, the other repackages toluene and marks up the price 1000%.

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so octane boosters are a no go, anyone in or around Houston know where to get some better gas?

G

·
You could try mixing in Toulene if you have that much of a difficulty finding race gas.

Link

I've never done it, but it is supposed to work well, especially for turbo cars. Just be careful, because toulene is very toxic stuff. You can usually get it at a local paint store.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Torco is probably the best octane booster, but still nothing like C16. Go to Tommy Bahn's shop, i know he has drums of C16.

·
Registered
551 Posts
try RSI or autobanh motorsports....I know autobahn was selling c16 at 2k5 so they probably sell it on a regular basis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts