Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was sunny and I was out forcing myself even after my birthday hangover to enjoy the weather because next week is suppose to rain

I was out on the highway and saw a new z06............guy was pretty cool actually we both exchanged thumbs ups, I down shifted and tapped the throttle a little, he laughed and I heard him downshift...............he punched it 1st and he slowly but surely kept creeping past me.

I think overall I would have been even with him but there were a few things that put me at a disadvantage

1. We were going 50 and I only dropped it to 3rd gear

2. I gave him the hit

For a car that is similar power and lighter I shouldn't have given him any advantages We raced till about 100 and shut down as we came up on traffic, was good times.............next time I will know I need to take it seriously. BTW, I did not spray on this one

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
nice death josh..... nothing wrong w/ losing to a bone stock Z0, fuckers are light and packN POWA.... but hitting it from 3rd gear on a 2nd Gen, not a good idea, u asked for it :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
:lol: Never play nice -- I lost to a turbo Civic back in the day when I raced him to 120 and never shifted from 5th gear. :) :lol:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've raced one too, and they are very fast for stock vehicle. I beat mine handily though on 1.7 bar boost. Nice death. Get him next time with some spray.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
fencekey said:
I've raced one too, and they are very fast for stock vehicle. I beat mine handily though on 1.7 bar boost. Nice death. Get him next time with some spray.
Hey Beau, you got that beast all up and running?

Nice run Josh. Everytime I run into a vette, viper or ferrari up here it's always some old guy that doesn't want any :rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
DrMike said:
Hey Beau, you got that beast all up and running?

Nice run Josh. Everytime I run into a vette, viper or ferrari up here it's always some old guy that doesn't want any :rolleyes:
Yes, I've got the car all together. I ditched the 76gts turbo and went with a 70. Chris Johnson modified the dp to fit a standard 4" BL midpipe. The kit works great and I'm very happy. I love this car.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
fencekey said:
Yes, I've got the car all together. I ditched the 76gts turbo and went with a 70. Chris Johnson modified the dp to fit a standard 4" BL midpipe. The kit works great and I'm very happy. I love this car.
good to hear :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts