Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
>:-)~
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going north on South Kingsway (for the locals), and I noticed a red mkiv behind me. I had two friends in the car and I immediately pointed it out. I make a left on Bloor, and he's right behind me. I'm HOPING that he will fly by me so that I can follow, and he does. I stay behind him but follow him around the other cars, trying not to go TOO fast as there is often a radar trap there (got nailed going 87 in a 50 a month or so ago).

He stops at a red (he's the second car) and I'm right behind him. As it turns green, he gets on it moderately and goes around the cars, and I follow. The next light is red again, and he's in the left lane and I switch to the right. We both have a car in front of us. He saw me following/chasing him and gave me the "tisk tisk" (like when you move your index finger left and right, u know..) thing, I'm guessing because he was an older (over 50 for sure) man and me and my freinds are all 17.

So anyways, we go at the green and his lane goes faster, so I get behind him and pass the cars, he switches to the right, I follow. At this point I'm flooring the gas and he's easily getting away from me, it doesn't even seem that he's trying. Then again I'm driving a 187 hp car with 4 people in it.

So the next light (bloor and royal york) is red, and he's in the right lane now, and I switched the left. We're both first. My friend rolls down the window and says "nice car". The man looks over and says "wanna race" and I say yes. THen I ask him if it's turbo and he nods. The problem was that when the light turned green there was traffic VERY close by, and we couldn't race at all. I got to like 40 accelerating fast and had to brake. It seemed he didn't even get on it at all (I guess because of the traffic) and then he turned right shortly, and I went on my way.

That's pretty much it, nothing interesting for you guys I guess but it was my first encounter with an MKIV in a while! And I was happy that the guy was cool about it.

Sorry I know I suck at writing but I was just so excited that I had to post here :)

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
lol and you posyen in the wrong section. next time post in kill stories.

it's okay though, yeah it's always fun to see a mkiv in Canada as they are so rare.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
First question why are you racing on bloor and that street is retardly bad for racing.

Finally, nice to see a mk4 but i mean why do people get so excited.. its like they never saw one before...

come to a supra meet and i'm sure you'll see one more then you have ever wanted to see one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
^^^:werd: for racing on bloor

BTW, how often are the Supra meets. I dont own one, YET, but would love to get to know the community. Cheers

·
>:-)~
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was in a Mercedes C230.

Well if you read my story I didn't actually race him. However how can you say that Bloor is bad for racing? That street is VERY long. Obvioulsy if you go east it's all traffic but west past Islington it's very wide and it's more rural there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
BlitzSix said:
I was in a Mercedes C230.

Well if you read my story I didn't actually race him. However how can you say that Bloor is bad for racing? That street is VERY long. Obvioulsy if you go east it's all traffic but west past Islington it's very wide and it's more rural there.

Well, I live around bloor and royal york. And although it does open up alot after Islington, its still cop central, which still makes racing on it ghey

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
The guys sounds a bit odd... guy in his 50s acting like a little kid. Meh...

I always see a silver supra parked on cumberland right near yonge street and I believe it's a turbo model also owned by an older guy. It had some gauges in it so I'm guessing he might have modded it a bit but the exterior looked pretty stock. They're still so rare though :(

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
I've seen that MKIV once. I was on Spadina about to go East on King St. I see this silver MKIV going in that same direction. Being that I've been saving up for an MKIV and living on the MKIV section on sf, I was going crazy with excitement. I followed him down until a few blocks where he made a left, but I managed to take a shot of that sexy rear with my phone. :D

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Dj_Diablo said:
I've seen that MKIV once. I was on Spadina about to go East on King St. I see this silver MKIV going in that same direction. Being that I've been saving up for an MKIV and living on the MKIV section on sf, I was going crazy with excitement. I followed him down until a few blocks where he made a left, but I managed to take a shot of that sexy rear with my phone. :D
Well now you know where to find it if you ever want to see it again. I have a feeling the guy works or frequents a place on cumberland? Dunno.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts