Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned up the boost tonight, but I guess I am going to have to install the 3rd pump a little sooner than anticipated as I tried 30.5lbs and it went lean and had to get out of it.

I called that Busa guy that does [email protected] (1.5 60', so it brought the MPH down as when they only do 1.7 60' times the MPH is crazy high on the Busas) and we just went out and screwed around with 0-60mph stuff and I did really well...it was like half and half there. I did turn the boost down to 29.5lbs though because it was obviously lean at 30.5lbs.

I wasn't sure if I could do a full pull with him on the highway, but we went out and tried it...the first 2 runs he kinda started in the wrong rpm and he couldn't catch and slowed back down. The last race I started at 60mph and he got a tiny bit out on me, hit 3rd and pulled that back and just had him at my door and held it as long as I could...my AFR was too lean and I was at 70% throttle just keeping him there and I just let completely out shortly after and we just both called it a night because of my AFR going to lean which he already knew might happen. I really wanted to stay in it though.

I got the car home and found that I popped the hose off of the ps pump and I know when it first came off because the rpm was just coming down really slowly below 2k...it was when I first got on it with him from the first dig. Oh well.

We will go out again once I get my 3rd fuel pump in and get the AFR down to a safe level to be fully into the throttle.

Just thought I would give everyone an update. More to come as I am going to install the 3rd fuel pump probably this weekend and the boost will be going up. :)

Take Care

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
Yeah get the third pump in fast,let me know how you do this as I might go with a third pump too.very nice,sounds like she's a beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts