Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone order a RaceLogic traction control system that was recently offered as a GB? If anyone has installed one, I'd be interested to know how it worked out. Thanks.

Bob
97 6-speed

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bob Alsip said:
Did anyone order a RaceLogic traction control system that was recently offered as a GB? If anyone has installed one, I'd be interested to know how it worked out. Thanks.

Bob
97 6-speed
I had it installed not long ago. For the short time that I have been driving the car since installing it I can already heartily recommend it. It is now possible to apply full throttle in the middle of a corner without any fear of the back breaking out.

The launch control is also nice, I bettered my 0-60 time with 0.5 seconds.

Installation was not very difficult at all, you just need to be handy with a soldering iron and calibration is done in a matter of minutes.

One other factor that also influenced my purchase isthat I could have the TRAC fuse permanently pulled (no speed limiter!) and still have traction control.

Flavio

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I should be receiving mine any day now, I'm looking forward to the adjustable slip, and launch features.

Flavio: Where did you mount the control unit? I'm thinking about using some 2-sided tape to affix it to the left side of the dash below the dimmer control sw.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bob Alsip said:
Thanks for the info guys. I should be receiving mine any day now, I'm looking forward to the adjustable slip, and launch features.

Flavio: Where did you mount the control unit? I'm thinking about using some 2-sided tape to affix it to the left side of the dash below the dimmer control sw.
I did not use the standard control box. I took it apart and fitted the rotary knob and LED in one the three switch locations beneath the radio and the launch control button in another of those switch locations. I took out the stock TC switch and active spoiler switchgear so I had room for the RL TC switches.
I'll post pictures shortly.

Flavio

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have the website where this is? I am pretty interested and am in the UK right now. Perhaps I could get a ride in a Supra with the RaceLogic unit.

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
carcnoid said:
Does anyone have the website where this is? I am pretty interested and am in the UK right now. Perhaps I could get a ride in a Supra with the RaceLogic unit.

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R
Sorry Jon, it won't make up for poor driving skills! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
carcnoid said:

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R
Jon,

The website is www.racelogic.co.uk

There are a lot of Supra's in the UK with the RL TC fitted. Just call Alex Dearden at Racelogic (+44 1280 823803) and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Flavio

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK Grant. Give me a few months in my car when I get back from the UK and we'll just see about that.

Dont forget who the better driver was when I left :)

(Me, just in case you forgot).

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Flavio. I'm going to have to check it out :)

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
carcnoid said:
forget who the better driver was when I left :)

(Me, just in case you forgot).

Jon
'94 SP60 .70A/R
ROFLMAO

So I went the wrong direction at ONE autocross, bid deal. It was a confusing course and I was at some guy's birthday party the night before (I couldn't help it, strippers and tequila) :p

Remember what happened last time we raced? I won everytime. Remember why? You'd pull on me then miss a gear.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also had a defective turbo and bald tires. Remember the smoke coming out my exhaust? Also, I hadn't driven my car for five months. I'm sure I was a little rusty because of that. Don't over exxagerate the situation; you only pulled on me once. Another time, my IC pipe popped off while I was WAY ahead of you. :)

We'll just have to wait and see Grant. And I do believe that I have a video of you spinning in Ocala. So it was going the wrong way once AND spinning another time.

We'll see what happens Grant :).

Always up for a challenge :).

Jon
'94 SP60 .70 A/R

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Perhapes you need to look at the recent Ocala Speedway times, notice how I handed everyone thier ass? True Kenall beat me by .06 seconds, but I am on street tires and had a 250 lb passenger.

Wait till I get back from Moroso and Roebling Road :p

Also, if you don't spin every once and a while you probably aren't driving fast enough :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flavio,

Your idea about mounting the controls on the console sounds interesting. I'd like to see those pics when you get a chance.

Bob

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grant,

You've got a Supra with huge BFG tires on it. What do you expect?

I know you've improved. I can't wait to learn about it then use it to wreck you in the road races :).

We will meet soon enough, muahahaha.

Jon

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bob Alsip said:
Flavio,

Your idea about mounting the controls on the console sounds interesting. I'd like to see those pics when you get a chance.

Bob
Bob,

I am going to re-arrange some switches in my dash on Thursday so I'll post some pictures after that. I am even trying to find a way to use the annoying TRC light in the left gauge as a replacement for the red Racelogic LED.

Flavio

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking about that mod also! It seems like it would be relatively easy to integrate the lamp output into the TRAC harness.

I just received my setup from Racelogic today, so I'll be installing it in the next few weeks. I'll post the results as soon as I have a chance.

Bob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm planning to install my setup in a couple of weeks, I'll post the results then.

Bob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have one... LOL. I'm kinda biased, so take this review with a grain of salt. :)

It works great... reduced my 1/4 mile time by over a second! Previously, I had massive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd, and even a bit in 3rd gear.... best time was only a 13.3 @118. After installing the unit, and with just one outting at the track, I managed a [email protected] just the perfect amount of spin to keep you going... not too little to bog you down, and not too much to make you lose control or stand still. The launch control works great too... my 60' time went from 2.4-2.5 sec average to 2.0sec (my Z has an OS Giken triple plate clutch... i.e. there's no way in hell to slip it = bad launches). You have no idea how it feels like launching with the turbos already spooled up (well, ok, all you auto guys out there know what it feels like... hehe).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts