Supra Forums banner

What do you think?

• Win

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Dont matter, your racing a bike! Your fast anyway!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
New York Sports
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, I'm racing a GSXR 750 next week, and I have a few questions. I'm racing him from a roll, at what roll speed will I have the most advantage? Also, do you think I will win? My sig says 4XX rwhp, but thats going up soon, I should be in the mid to upper 500's by next week, so what do you think? The race will be recorded and posted in the kill section and the video section, win or lose. Any and all input will be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i had an 03 gixxer 750...they're definitely quick....if you are in the upper 500 hp range you may be able to hang with it? possibly? it all depends on the rider too....my guess is start out on a roll from 60, brake boost and it should be a decent race...definitely post it up when you get the video...btw...what do you guys plan to top out at?

·
New York Sports
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
casper said:
i had an 03 gixxer 750...they're definitely quick....if you are in the upper 500 hp range you may be able to hang with it? possibly? it all depends on the rider too....my guess is start out on a roll from 60, brake boost and it should be a decent race...definitely post it up when you get the video...btw...what do you guys plan to top out at?
We havnt talked about where to top out at, I'm guessing 160?? Thats what I want, but hes a little bitch o I dont think he'll want that. I'll post it up for sure.

·
T-Power
1,617 Posts
supra demon said:
u need more power than 5XX to even hang with it. something close to 6XX and more
:agreed:
you gonna need about 600 to beat a gixxer-750. I've raced a 750 before and i barely beat him. He pulled about half a car on me off the start, about 60mph, then i started pulling on him and passed him on top of 4th and pull about 1 car ahead at the end. I dynoed 600rwhp but was running 4psi less that night, so figure about 580.

Good luck and please post some videos!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm making 600 whp on pump gas right now and I just raced a newer GSX-R 750 (99 or up) and it took everything I had to stay ahead of him. I doubt 500 will be enough if the guy can ride decent. Good luck, be safe,... add 70 shot.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
WEll considering i had a 435rwhp supra and a gsxr 750 2001 same as a 2003.

It will go like this. the faster you start the roll on the better for you. The bike if you want to know their power curve goes 80mph in first gear.

A bpu w/ race fuel will pull a gsxr750 at 120mph and beyond. I have a video of me on my 750 vs a 03 cobra that's pushing 460 rwhp if you want it.

A 60mph roll on with a good rider will kill a bpu supra.
They go [email protected] 136mph stock so says the magazines. Yet only top speed at 169. As you can see after the 1/4 they run out of juice.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man......all u need to know how to do is...brake boost.......boost that shyt to abt 10psi...n let loose mah friend...that bike will be ure dinner....:D

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
if its making 500+ rwhp then ull have an ok chance at beating it really. My supra makes 500 on pump gas and ive taken out a gsxr 750 but for him to lose to you hes gonna have to be just an ok rider.

If hes a good rider hes probably gonna beat you but u never know. every car is different and so is every bike.

Good luck man and be safe dude im always scared racing bikes. Scared something is gonna happen to them. I mean at least ive got metal and stuff around me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts