Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,408 Posts
Rotors are too small for a MKIV Supra turbo. What may work well on Evo 8s/9s will be less than successful on the MKIV, IMO. I also think your information is wrong with respect to the diameter and thickness of the Supra TT OEM brakes. If you are referring to a MKIV Supra NA application, the comments above may, or may not, pertain. All of my experience is with the Supra TT.

Ken.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
if the price is right. its an other way to remove some weight.
The TT calipers are super heavy. If you're going to spend money on lighter brake components, just get a full kit. ARZ brakes makes a really nice kit with two piece rotors and Wilwood calipers and the pricing is quite reasonable, considering you could blow a grand on a set of good pads and two-piece rotors.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
The TT calipers are super heavy. If you're going to spend money on lighter brake components, just get a full kit. ARZ brakes makes a really nice kit with two piece rotors and Wilwood calipers and the pricing is quite reasonable, considering you could blow a grand on a set of good pads and two-piece rotors.
just looked at their website. looks like that only make 2 piece replacement for mk3.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Warren was at our shop during PRI and we went over some specs and potential kits for the Supra, along with requirements I thought they'd need to be sucessful with whats already proven on the market. They make a great product and indeed are working on initially developement of a TT kit that should be priced competitive to the market and have some great technology built in. I've got relationships with just about every brake company in the states and was quite impressed with Warrens knowledge and product ideas, should be interesting to see what he comes up with!

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
We (SpeedForSale) are working with RacingBrake regarding the brake systems. They do not have a setup for MKIV Supra Turbo as of yet, and we are working with them for various setups. We will be putting them up for track testing as soon as Warren finish the design of the systems.

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
One thing I should mention. This project is mainly aiming for those who track the Supra. Price may or may not be cheaper than the DBA 2-piece rotors, but when we are done with testing, we will make sure they stop better and last longer than other brake companies on the track. For those who don't run road course tracks, the difference may not be obvious from other brands, just because most likely you don't use that much braking power repeatedly in a short period of time. RacingBrake products have proven themselves in the RX7, GT-R, and other communities, and we are working hard with them to bring their products for the Supra enthusiasts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
DBA told me today they dont make their 5000 series 2 pieces anymore. Unless the person i was talking to didnt know what she was talking about

·
Registered
582 Posts
are you working on front and rear rotors? i have been thinking about getting the racing brake rotors for the front for a while now. i have ls400 up front, which they have. if it all works out i would be up for a set up for the rear tt brakes

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Well, we have not heard from RB regarding the upgrades since we last talked, so I will need to check with them and find out what's holding them back.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
I am pretty sure TT stock front is 323x30mm not 32mm thick. They are track ready. We sell tons of RacingBrake GT-R rotors for people who wants to track their GT-Rs, and have not had any complain or problem with them yet. Anyone who wants to purchase them can contact us at 770-777-4774 or [email protected] for additional discount. Thanks.

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Looking for track Supra to test new lightweight race rotors!

Currently, we are looking for a Supra TT with stock brake system to do extensive rotor testing on the track for a new lightweight 2-piece rotor system for stock calipers.
Please email us at [email protected] and let us know the following:

1. When is your next track day? What track?
2. What current brake rotors and pads are you using?
3. How much does the Supra weigh?
4. How much wheel horsepower is the Supra making?
5. What kind of tires are on the Supra?
6. Please briefly describe your track history and track times if any.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts