Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting some seats that would look good but not cost me a arm and a leg. I was looking into the DAD racing seats, I am looking to spend around 5-600 for a set. Any help would be great.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
theres a black and red racing seat on ebay with a trd patch stitched in it. it looks really nice, not sure what its made out of, and its not from TRD, just got the badge. looks great from what i can see, just search for "supra" and it'll come up somewhere. they run about 400 per pair.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
IMO if you want racing seats, dont settle for the cheap brands.. unless you want complete discomfort while you are driving. Not to mention a nice mold of your ass on the seat permanently :lol:

If anything go to a local shop who may have some different seats avaliable for you to try out and see how they feel

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ive got the DAD racing seats, and i love them.....they are comfy (i think)...i am 6'0" and 155lbs.....fit me perfect and im sure someone larger than me could fit fine

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I beleive that they have red with black, blue with black, and black on black. Here is a bigger pic of the second one again.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you know? have you had them before? do you know someone that has them? I have sat in a few Dads seats before and I liked them. but i want some more out side input that is why this thread is going, give us some reasons bro. :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yes, a very good friend of mine with a 2001 Honda Accord has the black DAD seats pictured above. Let me try and explain.

Do you see the 2 harness holes right over the DAD stitching? On both of the seats in my friend's car, the plastic surrounding those holes have about 1/2" of play. The plastic for the hardware on the side of the seat is very low quality. If you've spent time in the seats adjusting them, you'd realize this. If you've ever sat in both a Sparco/Recaro/Cobra seat and then in a DAD seat, you'll also notice the use of lower quality fabric on the DAD's. I wouldn't trust those seats in a serious crash to be honest, either. Are they even FIA approved? I can't find any information that says so.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you want to spend 5-600 on seats why get seats like DADs. I have sat in them and they look and feel cheap, which for the quality, they arent. I pain $550 for each of my torinos brand new and would highly reccomend something that is well known for its quality and durability. A seat goes through a lot of shit. Besides if i saw a supra with DADs in it i would think it was a civic wanna be. Sorry, but a supra is no place for cheap crap.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh no I am not trying to be cheap, I was just wondering why one would go with one or the other. I would if I had to buy recaros' the black ones with the white lettering. my brother in law will sell me them for about 600 for the set and they are in good condition so with all the info going around I will buy quality there is no doubt about it, I want the best for my dog. Money is not an issue like my first post stated jsut was wondering if there was any quality out there for that much, now I think that I will spend the 1000 for a set of sparcos or my brother in laws recaros. Thanks guys for your help on this. :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts