Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this new cone filter for Xmas, it looks really cool but i'm afraid it may not be good for the engine. I stuck it on the car for 1 run and noticed large HP gains (it sounded cool too). The actual filter element, however, contains no cotton, paper, or foam-it's just braided steel, kinda like a screened porch. I know it can't filter that many small particles. Does anbody have one of these? Would you recommend putting one on?

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
i cant see it getting much more airflow then a stock box

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
suprafly1986 said:
I stuck it on the car for 1 run and noticed large HP gains (it sounded cool too).
AHAHA sure you did, sure you did...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
You will most likely be running dirtier oil in your system.

You can perform an experiment like done before:

Place the filter to a shop vacuum and on the other side of the filter get some coffee filters, or something like it.

Run the vac over some shit, or dust... and look at the filter, and coffee filter.

Compare the stock one to the Ractive.

Purchase a KN filter, and try it again... you want the better flowing filter to at least filtrate a little better.

Just my $0.02

-Brent

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: RActive Heat Shield Filter

SuprAng said:
AHAHA sure you did, sure you did...
Hey, i did. Obviously, since there is no element in it , hell i blew through it and felt it full force on the other side.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
My reccomendation is find the reciept, take it back, get your money back, save up like $170 or whatever the Apex-I intake system costs, and buy that, it has been proven to be the highest flowing intake for the mk3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts