Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a dumb question but would it help or even make a difference to have some kinda rad sprayer?

·
2,279 Posts
heh, i was fixing to make some C02 radiator sprayers. Screw aluminum radiators. A little spray and it's all good.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Spraying water everywhere is a good way to get yourself kicked off a race track. Yes it would make a difference but it's a really ghetto way to not gain very much. If your car is overheating then you've got other issues which need to be resolved. If the car isn't overheating then you have nothing to worry about.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
i'm w/bish. yeah, it will cool things down, but any track (road race or drag) will kick you out for dripping stuff....not to mention the safety concerns for yourself and other racers....

·
2,279 Posts
Ight. Wasn't sure if you were addressing me or him because he was kinda amby on it. No problems

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Koo. If I was going to spray anything though it would be the intercooler. It would effect performance and a little spray would get onto the radiator :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry i was talking about co2, not water, i see what u are saying tho.

I meant having some type of split coming off the IC sprayer, assuming that u have an IC sprayer, that way alowing the stock rad to be more efficient on the track.

then again i don't know the rules as far as having c02 etc. for use on the track.

like i said might be a dumb question, but the dumbass questions are the ones not asked. :)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
What about the sudden change in temperature cracking the radiator? If that happens then the track people are not going to be very happy either.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SupraGuy88T said:
What about the sudden change in temperature cracking the radiator? If that happens then the track people are not going to be very happy either.
good point

1 - 13 of 13 Posts