Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to hookup a radar detector directly, I know I have to T-Tap the positive ignition wire but have no clue which one it is can anyone give me a picture of where this wire is?
Thanks

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
You can just run a power (+) directly to the fuse panel by the dead pedal. Just find an open port using a multimeter and find your (+).

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
or, you can take an easy route by using the 2 wires off the back of the cigar lighter plug if it seems a lil much to test some wires in the kick panel. and it is already fused for you. just use a proper fuse rating for the radar itself to be safe.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used a cool thing I found at local parts store (where fuses are) called Add-A-Circuit.. Basically one side plugs into fuse slot and other is open for the fuse.. Goes in between slot and fuse itself to draw power off the slot without wire cutting, etc.. Ideal for leased vehicles, etc.. There is a power wire off of the device that you splice the direct wire power to and ground to a nearby frame bolt.. Email me if you need more info....

Go it at Auto Zone...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So all I do it take the cigarette lighter fuse out add this (add a circuit) put back the fuse and I will have a wire I can tap in to? Sounds too easy….

·
Crazy Canadian MKIV
178 Posts
^^ It is pretty easy , I did it with my V1.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I went a different route. I unhooked the Cig lighter and used its power harness to drive an ac/dc inverter. I needed the inverter for my weird ass temporary stereo project, but now I can use a normal cell phone charger, etc..., without adapters.

·
Crazy Canadian MKIV
178 Posts
supraman205 said:
you wouldn't happen to have the part number?

Sorry not on hand , I bought my V1 from my mate ... Ill ask him

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roadie8105 said:
Here is link.. Parts Express has them online but AutoZone has them instore.. I just cannot seem to find them on the AutoZone site.. Littelfuse is company that makes them and YES, they are that EASY!!!

Parts Express Add-A-Circuit

Yeah it was alittle too easy..... but now the cover plate can't go back on :1poke:
Anyway where did you guys mount the gound wire?

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
supraman205 said:
Yeah it was alittle too easy..... but now the cover plate can't go back on :1poke:
Anyway where did you guys mount the gound wire?

Any bolt going to the chassis. Just make sure you clean the area up and there is no paint around the bolt.

I just bought a new 07 Camry and for some reason, these fuses look smaller than even the mini fuses. I am needing to wire the v1 into there and will proabably see if this will work with the mini's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts