Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer told me the radiator for my car has been discontinued. Can someone please verify this for me?

The car is a 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo Automatic.

If anyone has one with under 100k, I am interested.

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
Just buy an aftermarket one.

Steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
I may have one.
Here's a couple pics. Pretty sure it came out of my supra. Looks to have tranny cooler lines or something coming from the bottom tank. Not sure if this means it was from an Auto originally or not. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can jump in.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. However I am looking for one that has no evidence of oxidation where the transmission cooler lines go into the bottom tank.

Anyone else.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This looks like it might work.
Typical reported dimensions of the radiators according to my EBAY research are as follows:

29.00" Width x 15.75" Height x 2.00" Depth for a 93-98 Supra turbo
30.2" Width x 16.1" Height x 2.2" Depth for a 98-05 Aristo with the 2JZGTTE

Will someone verify the fitment of the Aristo radiator in a Supra? A picture would be nice.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
how does someone go about getting a jdm radiator?

·
hks is the best get the full kit
154 Posts
This looks like it might work.
Typical reported dimensions of the radiators according to my EBAY research are as follows:

29.00" Width x 15.75" Height x 2.00" Depth for a 93-98 Supra turbo
30.2" Width x 16.1" Height x 2.2" Depth for a 98-05 Aristo with the 2JZGTTE

Will someone verify the fitment of the Aristo radiator in a Supra? A picture would be nice.
someone had fit the old aristo radiator (2 raw copper core as supra) in supra without the bottom mount and it works. I am using the aristo vvti ( one row Aluminum core), but in mark II cressida. it cools better than supra raditor. if you dont get oem or good brand one... just dont get junk aftermarket one

·
LoveHz
747 Posts
why don't you upgrade it to a koyo? because yours is an auto, you just need a hayden cooler that you can strap to the front of the car, i used one on my car, i like the solid radiator because its less likely to leak. if it ever did leak you could take it to a welder and patch it up pretty easy/cheap. The fan shroud is something you want also if you're not using an OEM replacement sized radiator.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Wow, the radiator is discontinued too now? Looks like at this rate, all the parts will be discontinued in no time :(

Not good.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Wow, the radiator is discontinued too now? Looks like at this rate, all the parts will be discontinued in no time :(

Not good.
Pretty much. Supra for sale - $100k. In parts - $200k.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
if you just want a replacement, I'd say to look into the autozone / pepboy spectra premium radiator. I assume toyota didnt use a big and heavy radiator was for weight purposes?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Even Denso doesn't still manufacture the MKIV Twin Turbo radiators? OP, if the MKIV 6-speed radiator is still available you could use that with an auxiliary transmission cooler. OEM is extremely good and it sucks that Toyota has discontinued one or both versions. I also recommend the Koyo TT aftermarket radiator with a Hayden cooler for your automatic transmission. I've been very happy with my Koyo. Mishimoto may also make a radiator in the MKIV TT 6-speed spec.

I would avoid Fluidyne radiators now, however.

·
4 T's and an X
2,119 Posts
The 6 speed radiator (discontinued) superseded to the auto radiator (which is also discontinued). Aftermarket or used oem is your only option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts