Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
No its not I actually tried swapping my fan with a TTs and it didnt work. I have no idea WHY Toyota would change such a simple thing but they did. :mad:

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
the shape of the blades is different, and i think the number of blades too? i know the NA fan doesn't clear the water inlet on the engine on the TT (i tried when i converted) but I never tried to use the TT fan on an NA... i don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the TT on the NA though... anyone?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
So, when I get ready to do my 2JZ-GTE swapped, can I use my NA radiator? Or do I have to buy a radiator for a TT?

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
If you keep the NA Radiator I think you are going to have to make some custom hoses because where the coolant enters the engine is different on the TT and the NA. So I think it would be best just to get a new radiator too. I never tried putting a TT fan on my NA I tried giving my fan to a buddy with a TT as I have the electric fans. But the TT blades are different although I dont recall how. Also I think our fan stick in closer to the engine and the TT fan stick out a little more. Its a significant enough difference to where the NA wouldnt fit the TT as far as vice versa, im not sure I havent tried.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
SSSUPRA said:
TT radiator is bigger, not by much but it is a little thicker.
The NA radiator is about as thick as your avg. middle finger...

here's a pic of my NA radiator next to my fluidyne... By the way I changed it after i went turbo because the upper plastic tank started to split...

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, that's nuts! The SC's must have TT radiators, then. Mine is not that small!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts