Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone to sell me a Radiator fan Shroud for my 87 supra, the rebuild is almost finished and i never had the fan shroud i tried uneedapart.com and no junkyards had any so i was wondering if anyone on here had one for sale......i was told my car could overheat from not having it so i think i want it now. Thx. o yea im from massachusetts if that helps at all.

·
Registered
731 Posts
New Thread

This thread will most likely be moved, but I have a shroud with 10,000miles into it's life and is in excellent condition. It is the fan shroud with one aux. fan space.

Matt-

PM me if you are interested.

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
I'm looking for someone to sell me a Radiator fan Shroud for my 87 supra, the rebuild is almost finished and i never had the fan shroud i tried uneedapart.com and no junkyards had any so i was wondering if anyone on here had one for sale......i was told my car could overheat from not having it so i think i want it now. Thx. o yea im from massachusetts if that helps at all.
Ur car will not overheat if u dont have the fun shroud,why? becaue mines doesnt have and didnt over heat..but its good to have it..and u can find it in conicelli auto parts or other toyota dealer and the price is like $60 plus shipping..

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
6K miles on my '88 with no shroud... I tossed out the broken, brittle, and zip-tied shroud when doing the headgasket. It hasn't overheated once. I wouldn't really bother unless it bothers you not having one. I eventually plan on going with electric fans, so I'd be tossing the shroud anyways.

Collin

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
If you decide to get one, you can also try one of the sponsor Toyota stores on here.

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
420 Posts
I was quoted $85.00 for a shroud at my local dealership. Durant Toyota

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it's worth having, you DON'T want weak links in your cooling system on an inline six, long engine with a long head means it warps bad from overheating...

·
Banned
5,941 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
got me a brand new one sitting my my shelf waiting to be mated to my new koyo radiator (with other goodies)

mine wasn't THAT bad (had been repaired quite well in two spots), but it's not nearly as stiff as the brand new one

·
Registered
924 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts