Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since selling my supra a couple of years ago, I went onto other platforms. The first one was a 2005 Mercedes CL65 with the monsterous V12 Biturbo that made 604HP and 738lb/ft. That car was a absolute blast to drive and very fast. I did my usual mods to it by lowering it and adding custom wheels. Here's how it looked:

I decided to sell it because I rarely drove the car and it was a maintenance nightmare. I put tons of money into but as anyone knows these cars with the ABC hydraulic systems, they always need maintenance and replacement of parts. I sold it to a supraforums member and as far as I know, he still has it.

I then moved onto a Nissan 370z. I have always liked they way they looked and in my usual fashion, I lowered the car and put on wheels and tires. Here's how it looked:

Those cars can tuck huge tires. I had 325's on the back of that thing. The original plan was to turbo charge it and have a blast but one day, my daughter was sad that I never take her in the zoomy car (anything with a spoiler was a zoomy car). I explained that I had to drop my son off at Taekwondo and because it was only a 2 seater, I couldn't take her as well. The look on her face broke my heart. I listed it forsale that same week. I had the car for a total of 8 months. I then moved onto something that had more power and was able to haul the family.

The next car was a 2015 SRT Challenger that I factory ordered. I originally wanted the Hellcat but the dealers had $30000.00 markups on the cars locally. I didn't want to pay $95K for one so I settled for the 392:

I lowered it on Mopar stage one springs, did a short shifter, lower Hellcat airbox mod and catch can. I drove that car all spring, summer and fall last year. I had a blast driving it. It had the torque and power to haul ass. The kids loved it. The winter came and the mod bug hit. I was looking into supercharging the 392 and doing headers etc.. I calculated it was going to cost me around $20k locally to mod it and it still didn't have the same amount of power as the Hellcat. So I listed it on ebay.com and due to the exchange (I'm in Canada), I literally got all of my money back for the car. I then went and found myself this car:

2015 Hellcat Challenger, 6 speed. It was just delivered to my off the transport truck yesterday. I haven't had a chance to really rip into as its winter here and it needs 3M clear bra installed. To me, its the perfect car. I know most will come here and crap on the fact it weighs so much and won't turn that great; bla bla bla but last time I checked, I don't drive the Nurburgring to work every day. So if all of the members are wondering what the wheel fitment guru drives, here it is.

R.K.

·
Boost Junkie
12,359 Posts
Looks good man. COngrats.

Steve

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
pizza cutter rears compared to most of your vehicles ;-)

·
10,115 Posts
Congrats, Radride,

The Hellcats are bad ass, and I think the 6MT Challenger is the one to have. A couple of my neighbors have black bone stock 392s. I always want to offer unsolicited advice about wheel/tire packages for these cars, but never do (they are not the modding types). Anyway, now that the Wheel Fitment Guru has one in his hands, I'm very excited to see what you do with it. The car needs more tire, especially in the rear. Nice work, man.

Ken.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Damn, sweet ride Rad! It's nice to see what former Supra owners are moving on to as I still haven't found anything to replace the Supra with. I bet she is a blast! Enjoy in good health!

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I just picked it up so I need some time to mod the car. I will most likely drive it like this for this year and then start with lowering it next year. I don't think I need to mod the performance yet as this car is an absolute animal but just like anything, its not enough power. I think with pulley, tune and exhaust on pump gas, guys are seeing 850rwhp on these cars. With E85 they have cars over 1000rwhp already.

R.K.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be honest...I did look into buying another supra but they have been so bastardized, beat to crap with ugly body kits, high miles, so called "mint" (no such supra exists anymore) and just money pits. For the money, I bought the Hellcat and I can comfortably cruise with the whole family and not worry about drone, or if its too humid or hot out that the car won't start or even doing a pull and wondering what that noise was.... or was the A/F just right??? It was the right fit for me and my family at this time. This car will probably be a keeper for me as this is and will be the baddest muscle car of our time.

R.K.

·
Registered
786 Posts
New Hellcats are badass and they sound downright mean with exhausts. Not to mention they pretty much nailed the styling closer to the original than any other "resurrected" muscle car available these days IMO. Saw a 392 with the shaker hood the other day, what a great looking modern muscle car especially when optioned out in one of the "high impact" colors. Nice pickup!

·
Very Senior Member
9,886 Posts
Congrats. Maybe this is a keeper - for a while!
There is always something better, right?
Better start thinking about what the kids will drive when they get that age! They may want YOUR car! Mine did.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,873 Posts
Rad, I came into this thread hoping the next scroll would be another A80. Nonetheless, solid choice for a zoomy :) We talked about the ride adventures overtime so it works out for everyone this time. Do enjoy brother.

Speaking of ABC on the MB, just slapped on new bags all around on my E-AMG. Wasn't needed but not heading down a dark road unprepared..

·
Registered
524 Posts
nice story bro...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
25 Participants
Radride
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing