Supra Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well its winter time up here so its time to order up some wheels for this beast. I'm going to lower it on Eibach's this time because I want it slightly lower than the Mopar Stage One's lowered my 392 car. I'll be getting the wheels sometime before spring. Once warranty is done in the fall of 2017, I'm going to do a 2.85 or maybe even a 2.75 pulley and tune. That should put the car at around 760-790rwhp on 91 pump gas.

R.K.

·
Boost Junkie
12,377 Posts
Well its winter time up here so its time to order up some wheels for this beast. I'm going to lower it on Eibach's this time because I want it slightly lower than the Mopar Stage One's lowered my 392 car. I'll be getting the wheels sometime before spring. Once warranty is done in the fall of 2017, I'm going to do a 2.85 or maybe even a 2.75 pulley and tune. That should put the car at around 760-790rwhp on 91 pump gas.

R.K.
No Ethanol where you are?

Steve

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well, the mod bug hit. Doing a mild pulley (2.85) and tune. Here is the base line run on a Mustang Dyno. 606 rwhp and 544 ft/lbs stock:

R.K.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So got the update. Car with 2.85 pulley, tune and 94 octane made 725rwhp and 693ft/lbs on the same mustang dyno as the base line pull:

Not bad bang for buck. That's almost 800rwhp on pump gas on a dynojet.

R.K.

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Impressive upgrade. Definitely good bang for the buck.

Not to sidetrack your thread but, just so you know, the purported differences between a Dynojet and a Mustang are just that, purported. There are virtually no operator adjustments that can be made to a Dynojet, which is why it is so popular in racing circles. The same cannot be said for the Mustang. Just far too many variables in dynoing a car, including how it's loaded on the dyno, to make broad, generalized statements. My tuner has both and my car dynoed within 5 whp on the same day, same fuel, same tune and a 2-degree difference in ambient. In this case, the higher number was produced on the Mustang.

Excellent work, as usual. Carry on.

Ken.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Impressive upgrade. Definitely good bang for the buck.

Not to sidetrack your thread but, just so you know, the purported differences between a Dynojet and a Mustang are just that, purported. There are virtually no operator adjustments that can be made to a Dynojet, which is why it is so popular in racing circles. The same cannot be said for the Mustang. Just far too many variables in dynoing a car, including how it's loaded on the dyno, to make broad, generalized statements. My tuner has both and my car dynoed within 5 whp on the same day, same fuel, same tune and a 2-degree difference in ambient. In this case, the higher number was produced on the Mustang.

Excellent work, as usual. Carry on.

Ken.
No worries Ken. I knew about the Mustang vs Dynojet situation so I asked the tuner there. We have a local dynojet as well and all cars that dyno'd on that mustang dyno when dyno'd on the local dynojet made exactly 10% more power on the dynojet. Those are his words and many others local to me. I have to take their word on it. Those numbers also fall in line with other hellcats dyno'd on mustang dynos both stock and with the same upgrades as my car. A stock M6 Hellcat dyno's around the 660-670rwhp on a dynojet. As you can see, the Hellcats are way under rated when it comes to power. Either way, it took a full bolt on Gen 2 CTS-V (upper and lower pulley, intake, headers, exhaust, and tune) to keep up with my stock Hellcat. I was pretty happy with that.

R.K.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Wheels have been ordered. Stay tuned. I'm super excited about them and the fitment on the car. They should be here April/May and then I have to wait for the snow to go away.

R.K.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So I picked up an intake and Demon injectors. Retuned the car and picked up another 30rwhp. Car make 756rwhp on a local Mustang dyno now.

My custom WORK wheels and fitment finally showed up. 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. 275's front and 305's rear. Car looks fantastic with this fitment. Let me know what you think...

R.K.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
R.K.,

Missed your update because of no notifications even though I'm subscribed.

You NAILED it, my friend. I've always thought Challengers needed wider wheels and meatier tires to really complete the look. Yours in one of the VERY few to do this, and your stance bests every Challenger I've seen with upgraded wheels and tires.

I have never seen those Work wheels before. Amazing. Very nice work!

Ken.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
R.K.,

Missed your update because of no notifications even though I'm subscribed.

You NAILED it, my friend. I've always thought Challengers needed wider wheels and meatier tires to really complete the look. Yours in one of the VERY few to do this, and your stance bests every Challenger I've seen with upgraded wheels and tires.

I have never seen those Work wheels before. Amazing. Very nice work!

Ken.
Thanks Ken. It seems that most Muscle car guys have no concept on wheel fitment. My fitment doesn't rub nor did it need and fender mods.

Those WORK wheels are a new release for 2019. You have to go to the WORK Japanese website to see all of the wheels they offer. The WORK NA site sucks and doesn't show you all of the wheels.

R.K.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts