Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if i parked my car outside in the rain and used a sponge to clean off some dirt then repark it into the garage. Is that bad for the exterior of the car?

·
11,221 Posts
What... like you are afraid of the paint getting damaged by the rain? I wouldn't worry too much about it. I mean all the other cars are fine sitting out in the rain.

The only reason I park my Supra in tehe garage is so thieves and shit wouldn't try anything. They can't steal a car they don't see.

·
Registered
499 Posts
my car i sometimes out in the rain when it's not covered i don't think is that bad unless you live next to a nuclear plant and had acid rain lol.i would worry more about salt.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Hua said:
Yes, the paint will wash away and fade.
:lol:

On a serious note, I wouldnt try to sponge the car after it rains...you wouldnt be doing much other than swirling the dirt around. Get the car washed if you want to use a sponge.

G

·
Look at my Avitar, my car sits outside every day and it looks better than most because I take the time to maintain it's finish. The worst thing you can do is fuss over the finish then cry about the scratches you just put down due to improper care.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Rain won't hurt your paint.

Just take care of it and you'll be fine.

The more coats of wax...the better :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have about 30 coats of Zaino on my alpine silver so I don't worry about the rain. Also, after a rain I just take out the Z12 gloss enhancer spray and in 15 minutes the car shines unbelievable.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
rain will not hurt it unless its

1) acid rain
2) rain with hail

oh yea never dry a dark car unless you have washed it. dust, then rain, then dry it = lost of scratches...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KERR said:
rain will not hurt it unless its

1) acid rain
2) rain with hail

oh yea never dry a dark car unless you have washed it. dust, then rain, then dry it = lost of scratches...

That answer my question exactly. A lot of my friends leave their cars in the rain and then dry it with a towel. I thought that would leave scractchs. One more question, so the more wax you apply, it'll do a better job of repelling rain and dirt spots? Thanks in advance.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
xbbsupra said:
That answer my question exactly. A lot of my friends leave their cars in the rain and then dry it with a towel. I thought that would leave scractchs. One more question, so the more wax you apply, it'll do a better job of repelling rain and dirt spots? Thanks in advance.
Well wax will repel rain and dirt but I'm not sure what you mean by "the more wax you apply". A coat or two or fresh wax should be more than enough...I don't think a car with 50 coats will repel anymore rain than one with say 5 coats.

·
Wants a Supra.
79 Posts
michaelvanle said:
What... like you are afraid of the paint getting damaged by the rain? I wouldn't worry too much about it. I mean all the other cars are fine sitting out in the rain.

The only reason I park my Supra in tehe garage is so thieves and shit wouldn't try anything. They can't steal a car they don't see.
Agreed. Cars were built for the most part to drive in various different conditions, most owners won't though, just to keep it in prestine condition though.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
wtf? u use a sponge to wipe it after it was rained on??
YES that will harm ur paint. probably a lot of dirt on it after the rain

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
YES THE MORE WAX YOU HAVE ON THE CAR THE BETTER IT WILL BE AT REPELLING RAIN / DIRT. :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
not sure on the wax. i can tell you that the new dupont shit shucks and if i see old jeff out he better give me back my $16.00 dollars...

If you use comon "smarts" your paint will be fine.

Before washing of course wet the car and spray off any extra dirt.

Was off the wash mit to make sure there are no gravels, rubber, dirt in it.

Soak was mit in the soap

Was car from the top to bottom. IE targa windshild, rear glass and side glass. then re spap the mit before youdo the hood etc.. Also a lot of people have 2 or three mits. i have 3 for my black cars. one for the roof hood and trunk and half way down the side. then one for the bottom of finders, doors, bumpers, and side skirts. then one for the wheels and tire. over kill yes but i dont have was marks :)

then rense and dry.. i always use an absorber shammy to dry with.

As for wax... i have found that Meguires carnumba is the best for the money.. for all shine for the money the meguires NXT.

you might have to cut and past this but this is the meguires GOLD with the Megures NXT ultra shine on top.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/116147156/124003727nTeXft

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Can anybody tell me what has been the best wax they have ever used? I dont want Zaino seems complicated long process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts