Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on lake st in glenview headed to another site, when I come upon a new e55 AMG. After seeing the videos of Jesus vs the SC cobra I was concerned. Nonetheless I decided to try to entice a race. It was an older gentelman driving. We hit it from a 5-10mph roll. Though 1st gear he would pull just a few inches on me, 2nd gear I would gain them back, and third gear we were dead even. Ran up to about 115mph. Difference was during the shifts he would gain a foot or 2 on me. So starting just about even he beat me by about a fender. If we would have gone any faster he would likely have started to pull away from me. Great run nonethless.

Tom
2003 Sonic Blue Lighitning
Quickest times thus far [email protected] 1.862 60' on street tires

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good race Tom. A new W211 E55 stock has quite some MPH on your Lightning even in modded form so the outcome is surprising. Even if it was up to 115mph, he's got 6-8mph on your through the 1/4. But hey, the drag strip isn't the streets, and anything is possible.

Formula1: I think it's just as surprising to see a 4500lb mid size luxury 4-door sedan keeping up with the Lightning as it is the other way around. Neither cars resemble your typical "fast car"

-m

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Marcus,
I was expected it to be close through about 70-80 then him to start walking, but it stayed very close. Gotta get the shift mod next and put those damn tractioin bars on.

Tom

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Marcus Frost said:
Good race Tom. A new W211 E55 stock has quite some MPH on your Lightning even in modded form so the outcome is surprising. Even if it was up to 115mph, he's got 6-8mph on your through the 1/4. But hey, the drag strip isn't the streets, and anything is possible.

Formula1: I think it's just as surprising to see a 4500lb mid size luxury 4-door sedan keeping up with the Lightning as it is the other way around. Neither cars resemble your typical "fast car"

-m
Great post Marcus

S

·
0 Posts
Marcus Frost said:

-m
I tought the E55 was 4000 pounds not 4500.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice run Tom, nice to see you have that running in the 12's already. We are going to the track this sunday weather permitting, call John for more info.

Eric

·
Registered
86 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
Very impressive. Of course, there is no "maybe" as to if he would have pulled at higher speeds. They will pull almost any car on top end, including the current Porsche 911 Turbo, to 186 mph and beyond. :eek: :eek:
Of course providing the factory 155mph speed limiter is removed.....

·
merrrrrrr
954 Posts
marcus seems to kno wat he talking bout seeeing as he owns both cars which this race involves...........dam lucky boy

F

·
0 Posts
FcUk said:
marcus seems to kno wat he talking bout seeeing as he owns both cars which this race involves...........dam lucky boy
He owns the previous generation e55.. the 5.5 n/a (369hp)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well folks,
Don't know why you are calling B.S. I have to admit. I was very surprised myself, as the new E55 should be running closer to 112ish in the 1/4 vs my 108. But we were right next to each other. Hey maybe it was a little cooler helping me out who know. All I can tell ya is he beat me by about 3 feet all due to the quicker shifting of the MB. I'll try to run another new E55 once I do my "?shift kit change" (runs most likely won't happen till spring due to chicago winters) But we'll see.
My goal with this truck is 12.2 in the 1/4 on street tires. I honestly have NO idea what it will ultimately take, but I just put my traction bars on which "should" net me close to a 12.5 so I must go from there.

Tom

F

·
0 Posts
hergoober said:
Well folks,
Don't know why you are calling B.S. I have to admit. I was very surprised myself, as the new E55 should be running closer to 112ish in the 1/4 vs my 108. But we were right next to each other. Hey maybe it was a little cooler helping me out who know. All I can tell ya is he beat me by about 3 feet all due to the quicker shifting of the MB. I'll try to run another new E55 once I do my "?shift kit change" (runs most likely won't happen till spring due to chicago winters) But we'll see.
My goal with this truck is 12.2 in the 1/4 on street tires. I honestly have NO idea what it will ultimately take, but I just put my traction bars on which "should" net me close to a 12.5 so I must go from there.

Tom
112ish? The lowest I've ever seen or heard of is 115.. I'd say 117 is the norm..

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
thats aweosme to see, A. a pickup truck, and B. a luxury 4 door, just going at it until 115, and both run 12s!!! what is this world turning into? lol

Brett

1 - 16 of 16 Posts