Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post on here too much anymore since I no longer own a MK3, or Supra at all but, thought I would share my story. So I was running some errands after work yesterday and I stopped at a Lowes. I noticed a decent later gen MK3 turbo parked up front, so I parked in front of it.

After I went in to not find what I was looking I walk outside to my car and I could faintly overhear a guy and his son talking about my car. I didn't pay any attention as I don't like to make my car out to be something more than it is. So it turned out they were in the Supra. The kid started complimenting me directly when we got closer to the cars and I unlocked the car and the parking lights came on. He reminded me of a younger me because he was shouting how cool he thinks my car is and how much he wants one. I let him poke around the car of course and sit in it. I talked to the father and he too was interested in my car, funny thing is all I could do was tell him how much I miss my problematic, old Supra LOL. We talked for a good while about the cars and it made me think back and wish I could find another one to work on but, right now can't afford to do so. He was so shocked about it LOL. Man if I could get back in the game I would, I missed that crowd and honestly I don't care for about 80% of the Corvette crowd as many of them are just ignorant of other cars and think every import is a ricer. Anyways just wanted to share my story and I do miss this crowd and when I am in a position to get another MK3 I will be back. You all enjoy the pleasure of the boosted six.

-Alex

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Nice story. I have been working on my brother in laws car for awhile. Finally got it running a few months back and have been driving it everyday. Sadly I had to give it up today. So I can understand the feeling. As soon as my house is finalized it's going to look like a gear bomb went off in the garage lol.

I know a guy close by here that may be able to come off one of the 5 in his yard. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I get what you're saying about the Corvette crowd. It's the only thing that I think I will dislike when I eventually buy one. So many of the guys driving the cars really have no fucking idea. Either about cars in general or just cars outside the GM umbrella.

Even my own uncle has no respect for my car. He has owned two Corvettes. His current one is a C6 Z06. He thinks it's the best thing in the world and that no matter what there isn't a car in the world better. I guess ignorance truly is bliss...

When I buy a vette I doubt I will join a vette club. I will keep hanging out with Supra guys. The guys in this club are real car people.

Glad you took the time for that kid and his dad. Being young and sitting in a Corvette was what turned me into the car guy I am today. Very impressionable at that age. lol

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know a guy close by here that may be able to come off one of the 5 in his yard. :)
Might have to take him up on one of those.

I get what you're saying about the Corvette crowd. It's the only thing that I think I will dislike when I eventually buy one. So many of the guys driving the cars really have no fucking idea. Either about cars in general or just cars outside the GM umbrella.

Even my own uncle has no respect for my car. He has owned two Corvettes. His current one is a C6 Z06. He thinks it's the best thing in the world and that no matter what there isn't a car in the world better. I guess ignorance truly is bliss...

When I buy a vette I doubt I will join a vette club. I will keep hanging out with Supra guys. The guys in this club are real car people.

Glad you took the time for that kid and his dad. Being young and sitting in a Corvette was what turned me into the car guy I am today. Very impressionable at that age. lol
Yeah there are a few good cool ones and some that are involved in the import and euro cars too. Many of them still have imports.

Where are you in DFW? We should meet up some time!! Good story! How's that Corvette run?
I'm in the Irving area. If you know Christian, I was actually around his shop this passed weekend just to see what he was up to, but he was gone. But his car was there. Corvette runs very well. Nothing breaking, no issues save for regular maintenance, knock on wood. I actually need to update the sig pic as I have done more mods to it.

-Alex

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, anyone got a spare running MK3 laying around?

-Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts