Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car was run with bpu mods minus the intake. It was in the 70's outside and the track was HRP (sealevel). I was running on bridgestone potenzas.
The time slip looked like this:

60'- 2.313:rolleyes:
1/8- 8.420
MPH- 93.03
1/4- 12.639
MPH- 116.95

I cut a 2.0 60ft on street tires stock, but the best I could do bpu were 2.3's. How do u guys launch on street tires? I cant get the bfg's now, but will get them in the near future (along with an extra set of rims). What do u guys think off the run?
Yoshie

B

·
0 Posts
Your 1/8 MPH was very good but the 1/4 MPH was a little slow. Might be due to the auto or you might be pulling timing......Get some 110 octane and try it again, you'll go faster. I did 2.1 on street tires at BPU on a 6spd so surely with some practice you can get a 2.0 in an auto.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input brad. Have u taken your car to the track since u got the sp57? What kind of ratio should I run with the 110 octane mixed with 93 octane, or should I use straight up 110. Also, what should I have my tire pressure at for the track. Thanks for your help.

·
0 Posts
nice times man....amazing how well supras react to minimal mods. you ever run your buddy for money?
AJ

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
95z28gonzo said:
nice times man....amazing how well supras react to minimal mods. you ever run your buddy for money?
AJ
No I didn't and I am glad I didn't because he ran a 12.4.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i'll run him yoshie :D
lets go out again, i'll put in a couple of runs also, i really wanna see what she can do now. late
kevin

B

·
0 Posts
The 57 is on and makes too much power for my TRD single disk:) I'll have the AZ clutch in it real soon. That should be more fun at the track.

·
T-64 powered
166 Posts
redbpu said:
Thanks for the input brad. Have u taken your car to the track since u got the sp57? What kind of ratio should I run with the 110 octane mixed with 93 octane, or should I use straight up 110. Also, what should I have my tire pressure at for the track. Thanks for your help.
110 will be leaded gas. :( A 50/50 mix with 104 unleaded should be enought to prevent timing retard in a BPU supra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts