Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
honestly, i find it to be an attractive car in it's 4 door incarnation. the 2 door looks a bit too much like the newest solara for my tastes, but overall, i find this car to be SUCH an improvement over the worthless grand am. the interior is of much higher quality, and it has a fairly potent v6. i haven't had a chance to drive one so i don't know about how the ride quality, but overall i am impressed with it from a spectator point of view. anyone have any experience with these? i'm sure you could buy one of these in a year or two for sub 10k, and barring any major mechanical issues, it would be a great value ride. input?

·
Reppin' da 902
145 Posts
Actually I rented one for a weekened a while back and I have to say I was impressed...for a GM. V6 model was fairly nice on the highway but I heard there are some issues with the 3.5 they are using, mainly the head gaskets from what someone told me. I have to say though the main thing that impressed me was the interior quality leaps and bounds better than the Grand Am's and the styling is a bit up to par with that of Honda/Toyota I'd seriously consider one for a DD when the prices drop in a few years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is Mitsubishi really that much better than GM?
Im not including the Evo, thats obviously a cut above but are the other mitsu's really that great?
Honestly I think the G6 is not bad but with the alternative choices it just doesnt hold its ground.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its almost exactly the same as the current gen malibu, down to the ride and handling. Thats not neccesarily a bad thing. Their v6 engines are a joke though, an accord i4 pulls just as well.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i really need to set some time aside for all my car reviews - the GM crap really has gotten bad. I was so hopeful that the new SKY would address some of the major issues everyone has had with interior and overall parts quality and it actually got worse. However, Ford has impressed me so much lately in every aspect - I would take a Ford/Mercury over any GM sedan right now - easily.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Smallish appearing car for the price vs. more substantial looking Japanese imports from Altima (probably its closest rival) to the others. Once upon a time for the same $$$, GM offerings were more substantial looking for the money than import rivals.

Comparing within GM, a Buick Lucerne DOHC 4.6L Northstar V8 starts at only slightly more than most loaded G6 V6s...although it's for a different audience.

The Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln Zephyer look a lot better and a DOHC V6 is on the way (not to say GM's 3.9L V6 is bad).

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
I always get one as a rental in FL - great for the $ and it does killer burnouts :D

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
js3324 said:
Is Mitsubishi really that much better than GM?
Im not including the Evo, thats obviously a cut above but are the other mitsu's really that great?
Honestly I think the G6 is not bad but with the alternative choices it just doesnt hold its ground.
What does mitsu have to do with this thread? I'm gonna go with answer a, nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts