Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3330's and I have a solid missfire @ idle. I have been told this can be due to low compression. My comp is 166, 154, 155, 153, 169, and 156. The miss is bad enough that you can see the hesitation on the tach and feel it threw the car. Could this be a coil pack? How much are new ones?

/w

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
new are about 80$. What is your setup?

S

·
0 Posts
mine also did this when i put the 3330 in, when i changed it to the ttc it didnt do it then. But it still did it when it was seq.
94tt auto

·
Registered
763 Posts
IMHO...

I think those readings are fine. A new/fresh engine will have less variation. Anything above 150 per cylnder I would not worry about.

I would swap the plugs out for a new set. Try using a different kind. The wrong, improperly gapped, or worn plugs could cause the problem that you are describing.

-pete

·
Registered
849 Posts
This might not make you feel better, but I broke down and got new coil packs and the missing was fixed. The coil packs do go bad.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
what are your plugs gaped at???

·
Registered
849 Posts
M Miller said:

What RPM do you recall yours missing? Mine is missing between 2500 -2800. I have 60k miles. How much are a set of coil packs?

Thanks Matt
I was only missing above 4000 rpm during hight boost.

S

·
0 Posts
@93,5 auto
seems that your coils are o.k. have you checked your ignitor and your battery voltage?

·
Registered
171 Posts
93.5auto said:
Does anybody know what the resistance is supposed to be on the coil packs? Mine were all .7 so either they are all bad or none at all.

/w
I was having a similar problem as well... I would get hesitation above 4,500 RPM's. I recently changed my spark plugs and the problem hasn't occurred since. I also checked the resistance of all of my coil packs while changing the spark plugs... all of them were 0.8, except for the #6 cylinder because I couldn't get the damn electrode in there. :) I believe that the resistance is supposed to fall between 0.7 – 0.9 if I’m not mistaken.

What modifications do you have, if any? This information might help some in diagnosing the problem.

What octane gasoline do you use? You could possibly have bad gas, water in your gas tank, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts