Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some of the cheapo guages and got them all installed. worked for a month or so now they dont work, when i turn them on they blink really quick. i kept my old ones so im either going to throw them back in or get the set i actually liked.

there was absolutly no point to this post but to rant...any one else had a problem with dash lights?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i know. i did check all the wiring, but to go any further i would need to take guage cluster out again, and if im doing that, i may as well get the stupid ones i wanted, NEW. lol anyone want to buy some guages? :b

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
yeah, i hear you on the taking out the gauge cluster bit. i hated having to do mine but i had to because of the N/A tach not working with the turbo electronics, i had to swap in a turbo tach (and swapped in an oil gauge that read in PSI while i was at it)
anyway, it's a HUGE pain in the ass.... :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heh well my car is an n/a, and some idiot bought turbo guages, so where the battery guage is its a turbo guage. DOH :dumbass:

yeah i think i will buy these ones for $24 and be done with it

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk its not just taking out, then its riping open the little box and trying to find why the heck they wont come on...

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
What's so hard about taking out the guage cluster? Took me like 5 mins :dunno:
fighting with the harnesses and the speedometer hookup makes me want to not live anymore.

wait, i take that back. kicking the lower control arm in a vain attempt to get it lined up well enough for me to slip the bolt on... yeah, that'll do it

i dunno, maybe i'm just completely burned out. i'm just glad my car is running? or something. sorry, this has gone off topic.

yeah, gauges. rawr.

i had to smack my gauges once i put them back in because one of the backlights weren't making full contact with the PCB, that lit it back up again.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for some reason i like the idea of hitting it to fix it........ ; ) i am sorry, i am such a bad supra owner

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Yea occasionally (More near startup at night) My lower half oil level light doesn't work. But after a few mins driving it works, I'm guessing the connection is just a little bit loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts