Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'd like to know if any one know anything about the "rare" Toyota Supra option for the Mark three it suppose have ten speakers and sub where the heck do they put all these speakers especially the sub where did they put that?? or can some one tell me where they placed the speakers?
Thanks

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
*paging jeff lange.....*

<l><l>

·
way over budget
664 Posts
only 92's got a subwoofer. there is 6.5's in the doors and 2 speakers on either side in the back (I think they are 4") there might also be little tweeters in the doors.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Koenigturbo said:
Hi

I'd like to know if any one know anything about the "rare" Toyota Supra option for the Mark three it suppose have ten speakers and sub where the heck do they put all these speakers especially the sub where did they put that?? or can some one tell me where they placed the speakers?
Thanks

i'm not sure if this would help but,

2 in the door, 4 in the rear, 2 tweeters in the door, 2 tweeter on the top of the APillar near the targa or roof & a sub if thats possible.

My 90 had all those + the 2 tweeters at the top and looked pretty old but worked on a stock radio. Unless it was modified after leaving the factory/dealer. plus with out the sub

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
My 87 had a stock amp for some reason...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
The 10 speaker option was only available in late 91 and 92. the sub woofer option was rare. the super monitor is a semirare option as the pre89s only had it.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Front Midbass x 2
Front Tweeter x 2
Rear Shoulder x 2
Rear Midbass x 2
Rear Tweeter x 2

Total: 10

Subwoofer was optional for 92 only.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Front Midbass x 2
Front Tweeter x 2
Rear Shoulder x 2
Rear Midbass x 2
Rear Tweeter x 2

Total: 10

Subwoofer was optional for 92 only.
so is the rear speaker that is back above the shock tower where they put the subwoofer and then a tweeter next to it or something?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
No, the subwoofer was mounted on the ride side floor of trunk IIRC.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Man I would kill for that subwoofer...

·
Project Mayhem!!!
789 Posts
Woofer wasn`t all that great. IIRC it mounted on the rear deck bord in the hatch out in the open.

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
I have a 92 without the sub and before I redid the speakers with Alpines, I must say the entire sound system sounded awesome and for some reason my 2 rear shoulders don't work and I couldn't imagine what it would sound like with them.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
The stock 92 sub was made by Fujitsu-ten .. AKA Eclipse..

Jarco had one awhile back and I saw one in a junkyard but it was destroyed due to the broke hatch glass, rain damange took its toll.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
You mite be thinking of the Celica?
I had a '90 GT-S Celica with the "System 10" 10 speaker system, its was badass for a stock system, and all cramed in a smaller car then the MKIII Supra.

Edit: After reading the responses, I guess not.
My celica's stock setup was badass though :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts