Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i rev my car it makes a rattle noise from under the exhaust headshield in the engine bay. It only rattles when you take your foot off the pedal. Anyone know what this could be? Also when in a low gear like 1st to 3rd and you take your foot off the pedal whilst driving it also makes this noise!!!

Any help?

Paul

·
Registered
104 Posts
Need more data. What mods do you have installed, and did you recently make changes in your set up?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, i drive a UK spec TT, full de-cat and Veilside exhaust, Apexi induction kit and thats about it performance wise so far! The car had the exhaust and de-cat on when i bought it. I thought it might be something catching under the exhaust headshield.....although it doesn't happen when the engines cold...

mmmmmmm

·
Registered
63 Posts
is it an auto?mine's an auto and i have the same thing once.there was something looks like flywheel become loose.

Tan

·
1,020 Posts
I have it kinda as well, as soon as I installed my downpipe it started happening...Sounds like the turbo fins coming to a stop or someting ( eventhough that is hard to believe ).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try tightening the exhaust connections

and see if the rattling stops.

Down pipes vibrate, and it's easy to get noise when you've got a conection loose.

My downpipe actually resonates a bit a certain rpm (mid-range).

Good luck.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
I had a problem that was related. It went away when I switched to TTC so I think it has to do with the stock sequential setup.

mav

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its from the exhaust gas control valve. when you rev the car up and let he car return to idle you will get a "rattle" noise from the EGCV.

it doesnt harm anything, just may be a bit annoying. go TTC and it will disappear :D

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, i have found the problem, i had the car recently on the ramps and it's the actuator. The gold bar that goes into the actuator. If you touch this it stops.....

Any ideas on how to fix it? I don't want to have to replace the whole turbo!

Can i wrap the bar up with exhaust heat wrap maybe?

Paul

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
This seems to describe better what I am hearing. It does it on revving until about 2K or so, and then it quits. When the revs come down, it does it again until it sounds like it quits spinnning. What exactly is it? I hope bringing this thread back up helps to diagnose the NOISE. I also noticed that it doesn't do it if I bump it into nuetral coming to a stop when driving.
Thanks,
Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts