Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just want to get your suggestions/opinions on a minor problem.

i've been hearing a lot of rattling coming from my exhaust system lately. i have a feeling its the second catalytic converter but i'm not 100% sure.

the symptoms: it is very noticeable at low RPMs and sometimes idle and the distinct sound is very similar to shaking an empty soda can with rocks in it...kinda like metal rattling on metal.

i have a greddy sp exhaust system and have lifted the car to check for any holes or any sort on the resonators and didn't find any.

does it sound like my catalytic converter has gone south?

thanks.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Check the front exhaust bracket for a crack. Mine did the same thing. ( They crack at about 80 k miles). There's another thread around here about it.

·
Team ZTP
193 Posts
ya i asked that in the other thread he is talking about, i have since found that it was the front bracket, the local toyota place ordered one for me. they said its 30 bucks which seemed kinda high for a bracket but oh well.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LateralusFU said:
ya i asked that in the other thread he is talking about, i have since found that it was the front bracket, the local toyota place ordered one for me. they said its 30 bucks which seemed kinda high for a bracket but oh well.
thanks guys. i'll get my muffler guy to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts